• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Joneidy's Sense ROM or REPPARD's CM7.1?

my 2 cents.. i used senserom for a while and loved it... never had an issue with it, very stabel very fast and responsive and maintains all stock features of the phone.. ie; divx and al that plus maintains the stock hidden menus as well and if flashed witht eh r.O.C.K. AnyROM kernel its even better m any thanx and props to joneidy for this. However i am a huge fan of CyanogenMOD, and reppards rom is awesome, many features in CM that i would otherwise need an additional app for, i like how most of the tweaks that you like are built in, plus its the latest version of android 2.3.5 its very fast and stable. So it really just boils down to preference.. the 2 months i used Sense i loved it.. and when i found the GB-CMod7 rom i used it.. it was a beta and had some issues.. but we worked most of them out.. then when reppard built his CM7.1 i switched to it.. its a great rom.. many thanx to reppard for his work.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion on the topic is sense is an amazing beginner rom. It's basic and simple but looks and feels amazingly better than stock whereas cm7 is a little more complex, with added features that can be intimidating @ first. Each rom has its own perks and with that said thanks to both reppard and joneidy. I have switched from sense to cm7 once so I could connect my wiimote but switched back cuz battery issues. I switched back to cm7 today for flash so I guess for me I am very comfortable using sense but cm7 supports the more advanced things I choose to pursue. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion on the topic is sense is an amazing beginner rom. It's basic and simple but looks and feels amazingly better than stock whereas cm7 is a little more complex, with added features that can be intimidating @ first. Each rom has its own perks and with that said thanks to both reppard and joneidy. I have switched from sense to cm7 once so I could connect my wiimote but switched back cuz battery issues. I switched back to cm7 today for flash so I guess for me I am very comfortable using sense but cm7 supports the more advanced things I choose to pursue. Hope this helps.
dont know if you saw but there is new versions, by 3 different devs and the battery issue may be taken care of.

Reactions: det1726
Upvote 0
dont know if you saw but there is new versions, by 3 different devs and the battery issue may be taken care of.

I am now using the updated one by reppard and indeed I've noticed a difference. I have really considered switching to the admire but now I have a decent flash ability and 2.3 on my Optimus so I may use the money to preorder nhl12 instead lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones