1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Jorte calendar issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jjapogee, May 4, 2012.

1. jjapogee

jjapogee Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    Been using Jorte calendar since I got my Razr Maxx...I have multiple google calendars. Jorte seemed to be working fine- yesterday, I noticed that past events are no longer present on my Razr. (They are still present on my google calendar.) Jorte shows about one previous month of events, then nothing.

Tried dumping the calendar data (in several applications)...same problem. Tried uninstalling/reinstall Jorte...same problem. Is there a 'display past events' setting somewhere in Jorte that I can't find? Is it a google-syncing issue? Suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement

2. prismdroid

prismdroid Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Mine is still working. Under settings, choose calendars, I am using "My Name" calendar and "use google calendar"

3. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Paramedic
    Prairieville Louisiana
    I have had some Google synching issues myself the past couple days. I use Jorte as well. Seems OK today though. I use iCal on my Macbook Pro for Google calendar. I finally got fed up with Lion and downgraded back to Snow Leopard. I thought the kinks were coming from that but I tried with Google Calendar though another machine and had same issue. Like said though, all good today. Might of just been a Google hiccup.

4. jjapogee

jjapogee Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    It's been a couple of days now, and the same problem persists: none of the events prior to late March are visible in Jorte. My Google calendar is fine- everything's there. Seems like it's some king of Jorte setting problem?

I'm using Jorte 1.3.8...prismdroid, can't follow the direction you described- no such path within Jorte....

5. prismdroid

prismdroid Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    When you are in jorte, click on your phone's "settings" button and a menu pops up at the bottom with six buttons. One of them is calendar. When you click on this it gives you a choice of several different calendars to use. I don't even know if that is your problem, but you can choose different ones from the list and see if that changes anything. I am not an expert at all, it was just an idea... :)

6. jjapogee

jjapogee Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    I found the menu you are referring to, prismdroid, and all of the google calendars I wish to see in jorte are checked. (There are also 3 jorte-related calendars that are checked.) Still, events only far back as late March are visible jorte (they are visible in google).

Still stumped!

7. jjapogee

jjapogee Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    After a looong call with a Verizon tech, and a Motorola tech, and some Google Forum digging, here's what I found out today...

Google will only sync dates from 30 days prior to the date you initialize a new phone, or clear data from a calendar...and the events will only extend forward one year in advance from that time. It's crazy, annoying, but it has nothing to do with the phone or app settings. Here's a very long google forum thread on the issue- look at the posts from 'Mr. Evan', who is in touch with google engineers about the problem:
    Google Groups

8. WazG

WazG Lurker
    None

May 28, 2012
    Hope this helps others, I've been looking for a way to sync all my calendar entries (4 years worth) to my phone since I changed to android, I've finally cracked it.
    Download and install Thunderbird including Lightning, to your pc, export your calendar (zipped ical format) from settings at Google calendar,import it to Thunderbird calendar, then set up Thunderbird to sync with Google calendar (plenty of "how to s" on that out there )
    And "Walah " all entries synced to all your devices.
    My Nexus and Xoom both immediately had all entries. I also used an app called " My phone explorer" to sync my phone to PC.
    A very happy camper! !.
    Now all I need is an Android call recorder that works as well as all my old Nokia phones, and I'll be really happy. :)