1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Jorte calendar not synching

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Beejayeff, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    I know that my calendars (Jorte on HTC Desire and Google on desktop) used to synch, but now they don't seem to do so.

Jorte is installed on my SD Card to save storage space - is that a potential problem ?
    If I add/change an event to Jorte then it shows up on my Android calendar, but not Google on my desktop.
    Jorte's options are set to Google calendar.
    Android settings ... accounts & sync has Background data and Auto-sync both checked.
    All accounts (Facebook, Google, Stocks, Twitter, Weather) show a green synch symbol (static, not rotating).
    Click on Google and Sync contacts, Gmail and Calendar are all checked and all have a grey synch symbol (static, not rotating). Selecting "Sync now" does nothing.

I don't really want to delete the Jorte data and start again, as I have entered a lot of repetitive stuff on there which hasn't found its way through to Google.

Any ideas ?

Advertisement

2. omnius

omnius Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Canada
    I'm not sure about the SD card being an issue. It sounds like you know what you're doing about your settings, but did you maybe inadvertently check off a "sync over wifi only" option somewhere?

3. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    I cannot see any "synch over wifi" option anywhere. Any other ideas ?

4. jono129

jono129 Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    I am wondering if you were able to resolve your issue. I also can not see where any of my settings in Jorte or the phone settings are incorrect, yet Jorte (which mirrors ok to the Android Calendar) doesn't sync back to Google Calendars. The Android option to "Sync Calendar" under the correct gmail account is checked but the "sync double arrow circle" never turns and disappears (which I'm guessing indicates a successful sync). Thanks for any help.

5. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    No, I don't have a solution yet - but quite glad to find that I'm not alone !

jono129 likes this.
  6. jono129

jono129 Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have accidentally discovered a partial solution to this issue (I have an HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.3). If I go into "Accounts and Sync", I can see that sometimes the "Sync Docs" and "Sync Calendar" items, although checked have not sync'd (but shows the last date/time of successful sync). They are the only two items with the black and white circle with the double arrows still beside them. As with you, pushing sync sometimes does noting, other times the arrows spin for a while but then stop with no sync success. The partial (not very pretty and not permanent) solution: I push and hold my phone's power button and choose "Restart". When the phone powers-up again it syncs successfully (no more circles with arrows and check/refresh of Google Cal online shows the changes have been made from Jorte to my main Google Cal). It's ok until it decides not to sync the next time, which seems to be once every few days...
    I had only ever before 'powered-off' my phone and not 'restarted' it, and it was only that I gave it a try that I discovered this. I am totally new to Android so I may be doing something wrong but to me it looks like a Jorte bug.;)

7. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    There's no "Restart" option on mine. Powering down and up again has no effect. This is frustrating. Jorte's website is no help either.

8. cwthomas

cwthomas Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    Hi, sorry to be late to the party here, I'm having the same problem in that the stock Android Calendar is not syncing with Goolgle Calendar - all repeated events have also disappeard from the stock calendar.
    When I log on to Google Calendar online everything is as it should be, does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong?

Craig

9. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    a hard reset might fix it. i know it's a PIA but i had a similar problem after the Froyo upgrade. after the hard reset - everything worked great.

10. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Ouch - I hope I can avoid a hard reset. I have sent an email to Jorte, shall give them a little while to respond - but I don't know where the problem is - Jorte, Android, Google, ... ??

11. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Jorte gets all of its data from the Stock Android Calendar App. so if the data is not in the Stock Calendar App - it's not Jorte's fault. you can also try to clear Calendar storage in manage apps (assuming it's saved on Google). and then refresh.

12. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Ok, thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't all appear to be saved on Google - at least not as far as my desktop machine is concerned. I have been maintaining the Jorte calendar on the Desire rather than the desktop Google one, so I don't really want to delete all calendar data on my Desire. Is there any way to save it first ?

13. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    i don't think so. i would keep tinkering with the calendar settings on the device - both stock calendar app and jorte. when i say tinker - i mean toggle the sync and settings off/on and then hitting refresh. it seems like you have the correct settings - but it's hard to tell for sure without holding the device. i have an HTC EVO and have no problems. good luck.

14. shadowmerlin

shadowmerlin Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Long Island, NY, USA
    I have the same issue on my Droid X. Jorte syncs with the Android calendar, but the Android calendar won't automatically sync with Google. In order to get it to sync I have to open the Android calendar, go to "calendars", turn off the Google calendars, "OK" back to the Calendar display screen, go into "calendars" again and turn on the Google calendars. Then, when I "OK" back to the main Calendar screen it will sync and also update Jorte.