• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kristopher5823

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2012
Dahlonega, GA
JoyOS is an iphone look alike Port it is really lightweight for being a port. I know there are some iphone haters out there but you know when someone like myself becomes bored i start to tinker with my phone. anyway here you go.

Wipe and rewipe at least 2 times i go for 3 myself

How to install JoyMod:
- Copy the zip to your SDCard
- Boot into ClockWorkMod
- Make a backup
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select the JoyMod.zip
- Select "yes"
- After its finished press back
- Select "reboot system now"

First Boot may take a little while while files are being moved around
3G at boot working thanks to the.emilio over at the xda forums for telling me how to do it[/COLOR]

Just list any of the bugs you may find.

Wanna thank olicious370 for his awesome CM7.2 Build that i used as a base.
Wanna Thank trenchkato for his kato kernel

And i want to thank everyone here who has helped make the pervail a badass little phone.

screenshot-1343127110662.png
screenshot-1343126983869.png
screenshot-1343126999046.png

7/31/12 3G WORKING ON BOOT

7/24/2012 Status bar Looks just like Iphone
Changes: Updated launcher, voltage control, Reworked build prop a little. Changed *ram script fixed speaker phone vol issue (its loud now) Changed status bar to make it more iphone like Updated miui File explorer (Has root access) *Also changed status bar icons as well as the Smiles when texting, Took out stock browser added espier browser in its place(looks like safari)

Download:JoyMod1.0

HotFix For JoyMod1.0:Hotfix for JoyMod1.0 for fixed 3G on boot with roaming indicator removed

Older Versions:

Download: JoyMod.zip
Download: JoyOS Beta.1.zipMD5sum:B336C6A68E8EEE790EEEFFAB231E591E
Download Beta2: JoyOS Beta 2 MD5sum:665531D53F6FDFD6D9F8B1E02151FCF4
Download:Beta3 JoyOS Beta 3MD5sum:0F4913D7484F1CAA51292534165F3717
MD5 Sum: 25388a7c6bb86f7e800b9d082c550f63
Download: JoyOSPrevail
Iphone wallpaper: Iphone wallpaper zip
DO NOT FLASH OVER DO FRESH INSTALL.
Enjoy :D

MUST HAVE SD EXT IF NOT DOWNLOAD KATO KERNAL CM7 NO EXT THEN FLASH ROM FLASH KATO CM7 NO EXT THE REBOOT

Donate

JoyOS is an iphone look alike Port it is really lightweight for being a port. I know there are some iphone haters out there but you know when someone like myself becomes bored i start to tinker with my phone. anyway here you go.

Wipe and rewipe at least 2 times i go for 3 myself

How to install JoyOS:
- Copy the zip to your SDCard
- Boot into ClockWorkMod
- Make a backup
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select the JoyOSBeta.zip
- Select "yes"
- After its finished press back
- Select "reboot system now"

First Boot may take a little while while files are being moved around

Just like LeWa to connect to 3g go to settings-Operators-Access Point Names - then select boost mobile. It doesn't always stick after reboot bt i am working on that.

Just list any of the bugs you may find.

Wanna thank olicious370 for his awesome CM7.2 Build that i used as a base.
Wanna Thank trenchkato for his kato kernel

And i want to thank everyone here who has helped make the pervail a badass little phone.

screenshot-1338583975179.png

screenshot-1338584893170.png

screenshot-1338584931310.png

screenshot-1338584002519.png

screenshot-1338583992350.png

screenshot-1338583963115.png

Download: JoyOS Beta.1.zip

To remove the "Roaming indicator off" Just download and flash the zip i have made posted in this thread http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...42936-banner-remover-cm7b5-miui-data-ext.html
looks great will have to try out here soon:D:D:D

Upvote 0
after a few hours it is super stable for me. I'm bound and determined not to mess this up like I usually do on most roms. I install scripts and tweaks and it ends up hurting things.

Oh yeah, I didn't mess with swap this time and I think I'm done with the swapperoo nonsense.

Checked and all these ran great.

Apps load up very fast. No lagging.
Bluetooth (no HID, so no bt keyboard on this one)
Video
lockscreen w/ music on
gps (very good for me, just took it out on the road for 1/2 hour)
Messaging
Phone
Data/Wifi
Overclocks well
camera very good.
video camera. if you record in high quality you will need a app like movo video player to watch it on the phone.
Games worked really well.
Wifi Tether worked. I had to "Change LAN" and picked the 2nd one down. Then it worked like a champ.

So GPS is rock solid out of the box for me. So I didn't check the box to enable wifi and mobile network to help with location. I had a bank app that force closes and weather bug elite force closes. I'm guessing it might have something to do with not having this location box checked. But I don't care gps is important to me and it is running great now. So I'm not messing with it.

I didn't mess with adreno drivers or 3g turbo either. I'm convinced I do more harm than good messing with stuff now. I'll have to install other roms again and run them like the developer set it up.

Great solid rom. Thanks

Reactions: kristopher5823
Upvote 0
Cool. I had ported this but didn't get to finish it. I know blovadova did but didn't release. I ported another rom and I'm testing it and will release it soon.

I didn't know that If i had of known i wouldn't have released it and the next port i am working on is a mokee port Just a heads up in case that is the port you are also working on if so i wont release it

Upvote 0
after a few hours it is super stable for me. I'm bound and determined not to mess this up like I usually do on most roms. I install scripts and tweaks and it ends up hurting things.

Oh yeah, I didn't mess with swap this time and I think I'm done with the swapperoo nonsense.

Checked and all these ran great.

Apps load up very fast. No lagging.
Bluetooth (no HID, so no bt keyboard on this one)
Video
lockscreen w/ music on
gps (very good for me, just took it out on the road for 1/2 hour)
Messaging
Phone
Data/Wifi
Overclocks well
camera very good.
video camera. if you record in high quality you will need a app like movo video player to watch it on the phone.
Games worked really well.
Wifi Tether worked. I had to "Change LAN" and picked the 2nd one down. Then it worked like a champ.

So GPS is rock solid out of the box for me. So I didn't check the box to enable wifi and mobile network to help with location. I had a bank app that force closes and weather bug elite force closes. I'm guessing it might have something to do with not having this location box checked. But I don't care gps is important to me and it is running great now. So I'm not messing with it.

I didn't mess with adreno drivers or 3g turbo either. I'm convinced I do more harm than good messing with stuff now. I'll have to install other roms again and run them like the developer set it up.

Great solid rom. Thanks
really? runs that good out of the box??????? cool and glad you tested it!!!:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Ok Cool , i got a ? though is it on the latest PRL? because i noticed i don't have any service at all when i was on not saying the 3g i mean no service before i was on a different rom i had 3 bars?

it doesn't change prls it uses a different signal bar like some have 5 some have 4 its the same signal strength just the notification for it is different so it shows up different

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones