1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jp5 tablet has anyone tried to format it?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Hunter19877, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

My first post was deleted for reasons unknown to me. If you're going to delete my post, please at least let me know why.

OK so my question is,
    Has anyone tried to format the jp5 tablet?
    There is another post labeled "unlock jp5 tablet" where we learned how to gain access to the drive via pc. Everyone now is trying to jailbreak the jpay OS on the tablet.
    But my question is if I format the drive, could I then install a fresh android os?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MrJavi likes this.
  2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Welcome to Android Forums @Hunter19877 :)

My initial impression reading the title that the term formating was substituted for the term "factory reset". The fact that you mention Jsilbreak is a term mainly used for iPhones and Root is for Android. Being a prison tablet jailbreaking is a fitting description indeed.
    Being a rooted for many years, I am well versed with custom roms, custom recovers, custom kernels, flashing, modding, porting and even dabble in reverse engineering apps/apks. The few things I lnow when it comes to the Jp5's is there pretty locked down. Now that doesn't mean Im saying its impossible. All Im the chances of replacing the Jp5 with an alternative OS is in my option, slim to none. :(

Heres an example of an XDA root bounty for the AT&T(n910a) and the Version Note 4 (n910v).

New bounty submission or increase of current bounty

AT&T Root Total: $5,980.00
    AT&T No Knox Trip: $7,420.00

Verizon Root Total: $7,966.00
    Verizon No Knox Trip: $8,586.00

Root Total: $13,946.00
    No Knox Trip Total: $16,006.00

That was offered in 2014. None were able to cash in on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....t-note-4-root-knox-list-pledges-t2946770/amp/

I hope aomeone comes along with a brilliant merhod. There a few other members like @mikedt and @ocnbrze who are much better versed thsn I in regards to the Jp5. :)

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

Thanks for the reply. There are a few people around here who have claimed they can root it. Some have claimed they can install apps and use the wifi and Bluetooth. All of which I want to do. But no one wants to help or give up the recipe. I'm at least happy I was able to get into it via pc and retrieve all of my emails and music. But I don't understand why, if I reformat it, why I couldn't be able to install a fresh android os

MrJavi likes this.
  4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Yes, I have read some of thoughs posts as well. To get a better feel of members here on AF simply tape on their picture icon. Tap on mine "Bug Bunny" (to be honest I look more like Elmer Fudd :) ).

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-02-40.png

I've been a member of Android Forums a little over a year.

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-02-40.png
    Heres @ocnbrze and @mikedt profile

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-12-28.png Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-11-52.png

This is just an indicator of credibility. When was the last time the member who claimed to be able to root, install apps, unlock wifi ...... ?Was that last tome they were online the same day as they posted their claims? Of course, Im not in a position to dispute the validity one way or the other. If you hang around here on AF as an active member and I hope you do, I think you'll see whos real and whos not. :)

PS: I honestly understand how you feel.

#4 MrJavi, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    mikedt, Hunter19877 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i'm not that familiar with jpay tablets....other then what is posted here in AF. all of my rooting knowledge comes from xda. if there is nothing posted there on how to root your tablet, then i have no idea where you can get help with it. there was a member or two as you have found that claim to be able to unlock the device without give much info. and i have no idea if that member ever gave help to others or not.

just curious does anyone know what the cost is to unlock the device from jpay?

Hunter19877 and MrJavi like this.
  6. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Although, formating it and installation of an alternative OS may sound simple, I assure you it is not. There are security checks to consider like DM-Verification (device Maper verification and DRK (device root key).

https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/dm-verity

The best advice I can give you is to purchase another table that your able to root and has an active developer community for support. I know it's not the answer you want but consider all the time and effort involved. Like I said Im not saying it can't be done but the odds are stacked against you on a Jp5. :(

#6 MrJavi, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    puppykickr, Hunter19877 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

Thank you for all of your replys. I figure if I format the drive then I'm probably Going to be stuck with a blank tablet. So I'm just going to stick with what I have

I've been chatting with a guy who is helping me be able to install apps. If this ends up working I will post about it. It has to do with the update folder on the tablet drive. Tiger- md5 files. Putting them in the folder and it auto installs them. So I'm getting somewhere.

But thanks again everyone. MrJavi I know what you mean. I've read that there is no just regular android os. They're specifically made and designed for a specific device. So I know I'm Beat there....
    Ocnbrze I've never been on XDA I don't even know what it is. Is it worth going there making an account? Is it a forum??

Thanks again

MrJavi likes this.
  8. newview100a

newview100a Newbie

The jp5 tablets are a different world. Unless you've been in prison you dont know anything about them lol.

Yes they can be rooted and formatted or reset and even install google services and the play store. Yes it's been done since spring. Many people charge but I give those hacks for free

If you want the hacks and apps for the jp5 for free. Send me a message
    newview100a at g m a i l . Co m

ocnbrze and Hunter19877 like this.
  9. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

Been to prison, multiple times. I've kinda been trying to push that across to people here that really If you haven't been to prison and had a tablet you really have no clue about jpay and the Jplayers. I truly hate the way jpay works.

But some people here do know some things and do try to help. a lot are misinformed tho because they have ZERO experience with these things and jpay. They go read what it says on the jpay official site and believe it.... But like I said people are very helpful here and they do try to help figure things out. There is this one guy tho who keeps telling people that it's impossible lol...

Thanks man I'm gonna email you now

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  10. newview100a

newview100a Newbie

The more help we can give the better. Some people do know what they are talking about but charge money for the info. Not everyone is able to obtain the answers because of it. So let us open the doors hehhehe

Hunter19877, ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  11. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

Yeah this one guy on the unlock jp5 tablet thread was talking about charging for the info but he was bullshitting. I appreciate the help.
    I'm not exactly in need of using the tablet I mean I do have my galaxy. I have 2 laptops and a computer and also I am in the process of building a computer. But I'm scared to send my teblet out to jpay. As it's been 2 years since I've been free so they'll most likely keep it or whatever. I just want to get it app ready and good to go. I actually probably will use it. But my plan is to one day give it to one of my friends kids. I feel like they would love it. Lol I would've when I was young. It looks cool. It's clear. And if it does everything a regular tablet can do then that's an introduction to future devices.

MrJavi likes this.
  12. newview100a

newview100a Newbie

That's a good use for sure

MrJavi likes this.
  13. Johnny smith

Johnny smith Lurker

I can root the tablets. Not the new 54 builds but all the older ones. Telegram @goat706

14. Johnny smith

Johnny smith Lurker

I just upgraded a 47 build to a 48 build and got it out of bootloop

Hunter19877 and MrJavi like this.
  15. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

My jp5mini was last synced to a kiosk in December 2016 when I was released.
    I got all of the hacks. Having a problem rooting for some reason with jellybean. Tried to reinstall using kingoroot to u install. No luck. Supersu says it isn't rooted. But I have Facebook installed, Google play services and the play store. It all kinda runs slow. I'm thinking about doing a factory reset and starting over oh I can put music on it too. I just don't like how slow all of the apps are.

16. Johnny smith

Johnny smith Lurker

Message me on telegram .
    @goat707

17. Hunter19877

Hunter19877 Newbie

Goat 706 is the only one coming up bro

18. John saint

John saint Newbie

Its official, the rumors are true. The jp6 has been hacked. 2 weeks ago.
    Is simple but if you dont do the hacking correctly, jpy will know that it's been modified and alert the camp. So if you hack it you better know how to hide your apps and clean your work.

Send me a message I'll send you the jp5 and jp6 hacks

19. Johnny smith

Johnny smith Lurker

My bad bro. It is @goat706

Hunter19877 likes this.
  20. IceBee

IceBee Lurker

I know how to do the ones before 20040facs...IfI get it I will hit you up and I hope you would do the same

21. Johnny smith

Johnny smith Lurker

Hit me on telegram bro .@goat706