1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Judging from all the unanswered questions, shall I assume this forum is bogus????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddieboyz1, Jun 4, 2017.

1. eddieboyz1

eddieboyz1 Lurker

Anyone??

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by dontpanicbobby, Jun 5, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

No it's not that it's just that we're a very informed bunch of readers here. In the US the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active was an AT&T exclusive back in June 2016 which turned a lot of people off. Then about a month after release testing from Consumer Reports and CNET revealed that the Waterproofing layer (a must have feature for a phone touted as Active) was highly prone to failure. A Month after that came the Samsung Galaxy Note 7... All and all not a very good year for Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active didn't sell well at all.

Daniel Fernandes likes this.
  4. TheDangerous1

TheDangerous1 Lurker

With all that being said, I just got one for an excellent price on EBay 2 months ago & personally I love mine. It's an excellent phone & extremely durable compared to many of the other phones out there, as many are delicate flowers masquerading as cell phones, that break, scratch, or shatter so easily....

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I see the appeal of the "Active" variants, but not only were the previous 2 exclusive to one carrier in the USA but they were not sold at all elsewhere. That made their possible market very small compared to the mainstream S6 or S7, so it's not so surprising that few people have them and hence few feel qualified to answer questions about them.

The S8 Active is supposedly no longer going to be a carrier exclusive in the States, but it's not clear whether it will ever be sold outside. If it were then a more durable model without the curved screen and with a larger battery would have an appeal, but I'd be worried that as a minority model Samsung would forget about it for software updates. My guess is that it will never be sold in Europe though, so the question probably doesn't arise for me (an import with no warranty support has little appeal).

psionandy likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active release date was June 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

June 2016
Release Date
Reviews