1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Juice Defender app doubts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Harish Harris, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi,

Does the Juice Defender app really help in improving battery life of your phone? anybody using it? Is it really good for the phone?

Advertisement

2. R898713

R898713 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Bought an HTC Sensation last week, which has only half a day of battery life at best. Juice Defender more than doubled this and is working fine. Given a few more tweaks, I think I could get in excess of a day and a half of power.

It has some nice features, like scheduling connection, choosing Wi-Fi over data (if connected to a Wi-Fi net), switching to aircraft mode at night (scheduled), connecting when you unlock the screen (on the assumption you're about to do some data work), etc.

Overall, I'd recommend it.

3. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm, so juice defender does improve battery life of the phone.
    But my doubt is whether it will affect the performance of the phone by consuming more RAM or whether it will affect the phone in any other way :thinking:

4. seemanta

seemanta Lurker
    None

I was using Juide defender on my LG Optimus One. It definitely saves battery, but sometimes switches on the Airplane mode without intimating. That can be a little irritating. Hence uninstalled it.

5. vijaykirann

vijaykirann Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Guess you have enabled the mobile data autofix in "About" screen disable and try it..

6. lrboylin

lrboylin Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    hi
    i have used JD and it did help but the one thing that might put people off is that it is not a user freindly app, it does take a bit of setting up.
    I have now switched to green power and this does pretty much the same job as it controls when and how long to connect to wifi/mobile data connections etc although it does lack a few of the features of JD but it is better on the RAM consumed.

Tags: