• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Juice Defender help

I just realized the reason this app works is because everytime your screen turns off, JD turns off the radio and it only turns back on when you get a call/text or when you turn your screen back on. This is great in theory but I use this app called Liveprofile which is like a BBM equivalent for all phone types and everytime your radio goes out, you lose connection to their servers and will never get messages so this doesn't work for me. Oh well, I uninstalled Advanced task killer too as I've read in too many places the no need for task killers so i'll see how it fares now.

You can set it up so that it doesn't effect certain apps while it is running, for instance, if you set it to not disable data while the Liveprofile app is running, then when the Liveprofile app goes to check for data it will allow the data to be turned on. Also this does not turn off the radio (you will still get calls and SMS) it only turns off the data connection.

Hi, i was wondering if, when you enable the mobile data to go off, if i can still receive facebook updates and emails. If not, how can i just have 4g go off so that 3g is on? or how i can just use 1x to poll the facebook updates? Thanks in advance!

It will by default turn data on every 15 minutes for a few seconds to allow data apps to check for information. Also when you turn the screen on it will turn data back on until you lock the screen again. When you turn the screen on then apps that use data should be able to sync at that time.

Reactions: WA_Bob and lambo172
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones