• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Juice defender & juice plotter

Juice Defender/Ultimate does not work for CMDA phones running android 2.1 (I have tried it). All it can do is influence the Wifi radio. A fix is on the way so we have to wait patiently, otherwise right now it can even be counterproductive to battery life.

It is a great program that I will defined use when a new version comes out.

The plotter works fine though.

Reactions: BoozeRob
Upvote 0
the free and pro are the same except the pro simply unlocks added functionality. So no the free one does not work either.

The main point of the program is to shut off APN/wifi at certain intervals (like at night when ur sleeping, etc). Because it can't shut off the APN (3G), it is pretty useless right now. The program says it shuts it off, but it really doesn't.

I would recommend not using it until it gets fixed. The plotter is fine though.

Upvote 0
Juice defender doesn't work? That's news to me.

I didn't actually set it up. My friend, who is a N1 user, tweaked the juice defender settings for me, and it's worked wonders. I don't miss any updates and my juice plotter graph is pretty much flat (I lose maybe 1% per hour) when I don't touch my phone. Seems like that kind of drain is indicative for APN being off most of the time.

Before he set it up, my battery life was in freefall. I had to bring my micro USB cord to work to charge the phone.

Now, if this improvement was caused by something else, I'm very excited for when juice defender gets updated and my battery life increases further.

Upvote 0
APN does not shut off. Try it yourself. Put the juicedefender APN widget on your homescreen. Use it to set APN to Off (user). Notice that 3g and/or wifi is still on and you can still go on internet/get email/etc. This shows that even when the app thinks its off the APN is still indeed on.

If it was working then when you turn APN Off, you would have no internet connectivity.

The N1 is not a CDMA phone (yet) and so it works.

Upvote 0
It works fine for me - you just need to set it up correctly.

When I switch my screen back on, the APN is already off. I'm just sometimes having the problem of it taking a while to come back on.

If I switch it off manually though, I can't use any App that requires an internet connection due to it being disconnected. No email or Android Market either.

True story.......

Upvote 0
It does not work on CDMA devices you can read it here:
Latedroid: JuiceDefender

UPDATE: It seems that JuiceDefender doesn't work on CDMA phones with Android 2.1 - Motorola Droid and HTC Eris users, please be patient as I try to find a workaround, if possible - won't be easy, as I'm in EU.

Has anyone contacted the developer? I did not see a way to do so on the site above.

Upvote 0
I can second it does not work on a non-rooted HTC Incredible (CDMA Verizon) it can't turn off my data 3g connection. I even told it to to totally disable data all the time and it couldn't get it to turn off.. I know they have started rooting the incredible so I'm not sure if it works on a rooted one.. I don't want to mess around with rooting, I like the incredible the way it is.

Upvote 0
Seems to work over here on my Evo. However, I have noticed that if you use the back button to leave the app, it seems to close it and then it doesn't work. I don't like that it doesn't let me know that. It also makes me do the setup like every damn time I open it if I use the back button to close it. Also, it seems to disable every time I enter it if I leave it using the home key, which is when it seems to work. I am not getting the notifications either.

Anyone else experiencing these things, or, am I just using this wrong or what?

Upvote 0
Seems to work over here on my Evo. However, I have noticed that if you use the back button to leave the app, it seems to close it and then it doesn't work. I don't like that it doesn't let me know that. It also makes me do the setup like every damn time I open it if I use the back button to close it. Also, it seems to disable every time I enter it if I leave it using the home key, which is when it seems to work. I am not getting the notifications either.

I take this back. This is definitely not working on my Evo. I have the battery below 15% and the 3G is still active with all other apps killed and hence no activity on the internet to keep it on.....

Any thoughts from anyone?

Upvote 0

It does the exact same thing on my X10 mini pro. I am pretty certain it worked on my X10 mini though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones