• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice Defender Not Working on Velocity 1.1

Has anyone else had any issues with JD working on Velocity 1.1? It never shows that data has been disabled after the screen has been locked. I check the log and I see several error entries that it cant disable data and the app is "giving up." Anyone know of a fix or alternative? Miss going all day with my battery. Thanks

Has anyone else had any issues with JD working on Velocity 1.1? It never shows that data has been disabled after the screen has been locked. I check the log and I see several error entries that it cant disable data and the app is "giving up." Anyone know of a fix or alternative? Miss going all day with my battery. Thanks

I hate to break it to you but juice defender really doesnt do anything to save battery that your phone it can already do

Upvote 0
No, I honestly can see a difference. Sure, I could probably put it into airplane mode everytime I'm finished but I'd rather still be able to recieve texts. And for whatever reason, the ZDbox 3G toggle widget isn't working either.

I have used a bunch of "battery savers" including juicedefender and there really isnt much difference. Think about it it runs in the background all the time which uses memory which uses more battery. This equals less battery not more

Upvote 0

I am having that same problem. Juice defender used to save lots of battery life but it kinda sucks now.

Upvote 0
Has anyone brought this up to the developers? I am getting the error "error disabling data, retrying..... permission denial: writing to secure settings requires android.permissions.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINS" it does that every time it trys to shut off the data. I'm not sure if it is because of velocity or because of the update of Superuser. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Has anyone brought this up to the developers? I am getting the error "error disabling data, retrying..... permission denial: writing to secure settings requires android.permissions.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINS" it does that every time it trys to shut off the data. I'm not sure if it is because of velocity or because of the update of Superuser. Any help would be appreciated.

i said stuff to latedroid but theyve failed to fix it... i suppose i could ask the devs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones