1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Juice Defender Ultimate for batter life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kiiat, Dec 20, 2011.

1. kiiat

kiiat Member

anyone using this app? have you seen a difference in battery life between the paid versions and the free ones (other than the ability to customize with the paid version)?

i'm also open to any other good battery saving apps other than JD.

thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

yes, i use this app (JD Ultimate) since few months and it really works, but only if u configure it properly for your needs in advanced tab!

in free app u wont be able to configure everything so Ultimate is really worth every penny!

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I find it not that much useful and of you already actively control your connection like 3G and wifi, out might more hassle than benefits. Sometimes the data line can't connect after its been switch of by JD.

4. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

thats why i said once u understand how it works and u configure it properly for your personal needs in advanced tab it is really useful...

5. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

I have been using it for a few months now. I really do not notice a huge difference but it does turn off your 3g when you are using WiFi and so on. I have not put a lot of time in it but I am sure it is helping a little. It does sometimes stand in the way when you want to send pictures and need your data but it is as simple as turning your data back on.

6. Jones197666

Jones197666 Newbie

I have been using JD Free and it works wonders! Normally my battery would be dead around the 7pm/8pm mark from using it starting around 6:30/7AM and it'll last much later than that now. Ex) right now (9PM my time and it's still at 64%) I just have it on the "agressive" setting and it's going well. My $0.02

7. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I did use JD. And I didn't feel it made much of difference for me. I already have widgets set up where I can toggle data mode, screen, etc which are the ones that eats up the battery. I actually use it too. So for me, JD is not so beneficial.

It does have the part where it puts the phone to sleep at night just in case I forget, but then I usually leave it charging when I go to sleep after the days use. So again, not so useful.

What I didn't like is that sometimes it have problems connecting back to the data line when you want it too. And the hassle for me wasn't worth it. I guess if you are lazy to actively control its usage, then it would make a difference. But it didn't for me. That's all.

8. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

i use JD ultimate, did a great job for me on 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, but now i'm on CheckROM 2.3.6, that has so much battery hogging stuff taken out of the stock firmware its maybe not needed, but i keep it running anyway.

battery saving tips?

get checkRom Revo 4 and DarkKnight kernel 2.5.2. i can get 2 full days of medium use with this no probs.
    turn off data and wifi when not needed.
    keep screen brightness down.
    use dark wallpapers.
    install betterbattstats and see whats going on in your phone, what resources are being used the most by the battery.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews