1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Juice Defender Ultimate question.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by magnoliasouth, Jul 6, 2013.

1. magnoliasouth

magnoliasouth Lurker

First off, I hate their official site. There is no forum just to ask a simple question. I cannot imagine why there isn't, but there isn't.

Anyway... So I'm a new smart phone user and please speak to me like I'm a 2-year-old because I don't know a lot about this stuff.

I understand that within JDU (Juice Defender Ultimate) if I go to Controls > Wifi I can enable and disable it. That sounds simple enough.

But then it says "The user setting will always have priority". HUH? That confuses me. There is always going to be a user setting. Either the user has wifi on or the user has wifi off, there is no in between. So how does JDU decide when it's actually a priority and when it's not. In other words, when does it know to disable it and when not to?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Uninstall Juice Defender. Not good.

funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Juice Defender has been abandoned by its developer for over a year now I think. Anyway, that setting just means that if you switch wifi on or off, it wont switch it back automatically.

aysiu, funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Member

use comodo or green power pro always updated and much better

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I personally avoid battery saving apps all together

Crashdamage and funkylogik like this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Other than the apps that disable data when the display is off (for people who live or travel to a place with terrible data signal), i wouldnt recommend any of these "battery saving" apps. Theyre (no offence) imo making money out of peoples ignorance/fears the same as these antivirus apps :thumbup:

7. magnoliasouth

magnoliasouth Lurker

Hmmm. Well all of this is disappointing to hear. It really does work, as far as battery time. I didn't realize it had been abandoned. It would have been nice if the developer had written that somewhere.

8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If something definately works for you then it doesnt matter what any of us say about how it cant "logically" work. Its just that for the average user they wont work. And it doesnt matter if the dev isnt maintaining it, i use a few apps that are no longer updated :thumbup:

9. aysiu

aysiu Android Expert

Juice Defender is one of those apps that disables data when the display is off and turns data back on when the display is on. That's the main way it saves battery life.

funkylogik likes this.