• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice defender ultimate waste more juice than free version?

DavidLuvLB

Mar 21, 2012
This may sound strange, but I have been using the free juice defender for about 1 month, and it got me almost a full day of usage. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade to ultimate, and I set it to advanced and customize my settings. Basically, I have juice defender to disconnect all connectivity but only give internet access to certain apps when I open it. (Dolphin HD, Sound hound, newspaper etc).. It was a great setting, and it did everything I wanted, but I thought by doing this its going to make my phone last much longer. I was completely wrong. Juice defender ultimate gave me only 7 hours of usage. (Maybe because I kept turning my phone on and off and checking the battery status more than normal, but I highly doubt it). I'm guessing it eats more battery because wifi/3g keeps turning off and reconnecting.. I've heard if wifi/3g keeps turning on and off, this is going to eat more battery because it keeps searching for signal. Right now, I have juice defender set on balanced.. Anybody use Ultimate and like to share their settings?

Also, I did an experiment by shutting 3g/wifi on and off manually when not needed, and it gave my battery almost a day and a half of light to normal usage. I think battery apps are bad for the device.. Anyone like to share their thoughts?

Reactions: Rxpert83

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones