1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Juice defender ultimate waste more juice than free version?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DavidLuvLB, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DavidLuvLB

DavidLuvLB Newbie

This may sound strange, but I have been using the free juice defender for about 1 month, and it got me almost a full day of usage. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade to ultimate, and I set it to advanced and customize my settings. Basically, I have juice defender to disconnect all connectivity but only give internet access to certain apps when I open it. (Dolphin HD, Sound hound, newspaper etc).. It was a great setting, and it did everything I wanted, but I thought by doing this its going to make my phone last much longer. I was completely wrong. Juice defender ultimate gave me only 7 hours of usage. (Maybe because I kept turning my phone on and off and checking the battery status more than normal, but I highly doubt it). I'm guessing it eats more battery because wifi/3g keeps turning off and reconnecting.. I've heard if wifi/3g keeps turning on and off, this is going to eat more battery because it keeps searching for signal. Right now, I have juice defender set on balanced.. Anybody use Ultimate and like to share their settings?

Also, I did an experiment by shutting 3g/wifi on and off manually when not needed, and it gave my battery almost a day and a half of light to normal usage. I think battery apps are bad for the device.. Anyone like to share their thoughts?

Rxpert83 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Personally, having an app constantly running in the background to try to conserve battery is just backwards to me.

If you aren't using WIFI turn it off, if you aren't using 4G, turn it off, ect.