• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Juice Defender working w/rooted CDMA again...

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
Reactions: inssane
For those wondering about email delays.
I sent a test email and waited for 5 minutes - there was no email notification.
I unlocked the phone and there was no notification. About 10 seconds after unlocking, the email came through.

There is a "peak" setting where you can set peak hours in which you need data all the time and it will disable the data feature during those hours.
Nick

Upvote 0
Yea according to that discussion it looks like it should be easier to make it work on the 2.2 roms as there is now an option to turn of data in the settings...

Ok I think we found a workaround in that same thread... It will require that you have a Nandroid of your CM rom (or you could just flash CM and then install JD I guess but the Nandroid would be easier ;) ) and Titanium Backup... Flash your CM Nandroid (after you do a Nandroid of your 2.2 rom of course) with the working JD and make sure you do a TiBu back up of the Juice Defender CM helper, then flash back to your 2.2 nandroid and restore the JD CM helper app plus data... When you do setup it should skip the CM Help install because you already have it... :)

Upvote 0
1.6.7 beta is actually in the market now. Downloaded and installed fine on my Droid (Fab's themed BB Froyo)...got stuck at the final install screen w/the Continue button, just pressed Home to exit and restarted and enabled it. Haven't seen any issues with it yet, only had it on for an hour or so, using default settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones