• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Juice Defender working w/rooted CDMA again...

So. I tried this. When I activate it it kills my 3g. I tried to use the Market and couldnt. No problem, I thought. So I turned it off. My 3g wouldnt come back even after 10 minutes. Is there a way to do this? I had to reboot the phone. I would like the power savings if I could get them, but not having to reboot every time

Upvote 0
It is suppose to kill the 3g that is what it does... Check on your settings and make sure you have them set up right... You should have a slight delay when you come out of sleep mode and unlock your screen.

There is also a widget that comes with JD called Toggle APN, this will allow you to turn 3g on and off manually by hitting it...

Upvote 0
It is suppose to kill the 3g that is what it does... Check on your settings and make sure you have them set up right... You should have a slight delay when you come out of sleep mode and unlock your screen.

There is also a widget that comes with JD called Toggle APN, this will allow you to turn 3g on and off manually by hitting it...

I understand its supposed to kill it. My question was why it took 10 minutes to come back. Any step by step dumb ass version of a set up for this? :)

Upvote 0
I just started using this app w/ my Incredible. I'm in "Easy Mode" for now. So far so good...but I notice that Backup Assistant runs almost every time I unlock the screen. That seems like it shouldn't happen. Any way around this? I have it set up for 12am-6am anyway.... Not sure why it's running every time. Anyone have answers to that one?

Upvote 0
im on the current market version and with heavy use(web, about 15mins of call time, lots of txting, games, tapatalk, etc) i got 15 hours out of my battery. this app is so great. it would've lasted longer but i had my display brightness on 100% and it took out my battery. i <3 this app

Upvote 0
Please post your settings if your multiplier is higher than mine, I would love to improve my battery life even more.

I am running JD 1.6.9 beta

Here are my settings:
Timeout - 30s, lock after 2m
CPU - Do nothing
Schedule - Enable Data/Wifi for 2m every 30m
Night - Keep Data/3G/Wifi disabled 0300>1100
Battery - Keep Data/3G/Wifi disabled while below 30%
Traffic - Leave Data/3G/Wifi enabled while >10KB/15s
Peak - Do nothing
Charger - Leave Data/3G/Wifi enabled while charging
Screen - Leave Data/3G/Wifi enabled while screen unlocked
Location - Do nothing

Under 3G: Only disable on Lock pattern timeout is selected
Under Wifi: Auto Disable, Enable on Schedule and Screen selected
Under Schedule: Quick is selected
Under Battery: Charger selected
Under Screen: Only after unlock selected

With these settings I got 20hrs on one charge. I received a x2.85.

It was charged to 100% around 0130. From 0130 - 0400 light market searching and a couple of games. From 0400 - 1100 I was asleep. From 1100 - 1430 light use a couple of texts, a couple of short calls. From 1430 - 2130 heavy texting, a couple of calls, and constant searching for 3G because I work in an area with horrible reception and also going in and out of buildings where I have no signal.

Then I disabled JD and did my same routine.

With JD disabled I got 18hrs on one charge.

Using JD increased my battery life by 11%. I would say that makes it worth the money.

Upvote 0
I must be stupid. I upgraded to the latest version and my battery life got destroyed. I don't understand any of these settings and quite honestly, I don't want to. I want to be able to receive emails and texts and phone calls while the phone is in standby and I want to be able to access the 3g/wifi network immediately when I wake the phone. Can someone post any settings for that?

Upvote 0
The only one of those that will be effected by any of the settings is your email... It will not prevent you from getting phone calls or texts while in standby as those are not done over the data connection. The settings that Darkjini posted are a good start, if you are worried about emails then I would suggest setting the Schedule - Enable Data/Wifi to 1min every 15minutes (which is the default)...

It might take a few seconds to connect after you first wake it but I have not noticed it being too bad. Again waiting a few seconds for data to connect is a more then fair trade off for me, JD has actually increased my battery life by over 3x...

Upvote 0
I must be stupid. I upgraded to the latest version and my battery life got destroyed. I don't understand any of these settings and quite honestly, I don't want to. I want to be able to receive emails and texts and phone calls while the phone is in standby and I want to be able to access the 3g/wifi network immediately when I wake the phone. Can someone post any settings for that?

Maybe you should do some more reading. If you don't care to understand the settings yourself, why should anyone help you with the settings?

That's like wanting a high performance car with a manual transmission, then being too lazy to figure out how to drive stick and buying an automatic instead.

Upvote 0

If u want a quicker response, it has been said earlier in the theard and also within the app to set your peak option to the times that will accomdate you. Peak allows the apn to be on even when your phone goes to sleep.

And a tip for understanding the settings would be to cycle through them, when u enable or disable the info screens tells u what that setting does.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Please post your settings if your multiplier is higher than mine, I would love to improve my battery life even more.

hey dark, what setting sets the timeout?

i'm very similar as your settings except for peak since i need immediate emails during work, which i turn off on the weekends....

but my timeout is do nothing, where do you set that setting?

Upvote 0
hey dark, what setting sets the timeout?

i'm very similar as your settings except for peak since i need immediate emails during work, which i turn off on the weekends....

but my timeout is do nothing, where do you set that setting?

You set the timeout feature by clicking the screen button. I don't know if you need the explanation but I like it because you can set your screen you turn off as fast as you want and delay when the phone actually locks. When I'm at work, I use my phone alot so it cuts down on how many times I have to do the unlock pattern.

What is your multiplier by the way.

Upvote 0
Love this app

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones