1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Juice Defender

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WizeGuyDezignz, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Phøenix

Phøenix Lurker

What is the downside to rooting?

Are there clear, concise, detailed, easy to understand instructions on how to root the Droid X? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

3. felix822

felix822 Member

It's easier and faster to turn on/off Airplane Mode instead of restarting the phone.

4. NightAngel79

Administrator

^This, lol

Whats up Neighbor!

5. felix822

felix822 Member

Haha what's up neighbor, I actually graduated from NKU! Small world!

6. NightAngel79

Administrator

No way!! My fiancee goes there, i'm going to gateway though (cheaper)
    Its a small world after all!! (f*ck, now that song is in my head!!)

7. felix822

felix822 Member

Yep! That's awesome! Hahaha!!

8. Markus729

Markus729 Android Enthusiast

I used to love this app's performance, but now it seems to have dropped off significantly.

Since the more recent updates, Juice Defender has tanked! I used to get savings averaging x1.85 to x2.1, but now its been at x1.1??? It probably uses up more juice than it's saving now?

9. ksalty

ksalty Lurker

Love the app, but with Weatherbug Elite, I get the 'failed to load data' error. I suspect that Weatherbug tries a couple of times while data is off (screen is off), gives up, and pops the error and doesn't know that JD turns data back on periodically.

Anyone know a workaround for that one?

10. Markus729

Markus729 Android Enthusiast

This app used to work very well (x1.8 to x2.1) but now it's been at x1.2ish for the last several months. Like another poster said, this app must use at least .2 just to run, so what's the point?

11. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast

ok, so here's my question about juicedefender, if anyone knows it...

so I have juicedefender set to enable data (so my apps can sync) every fifteen minutes... I also have it in the settings of my apps to only sync every half hour. What if the half hour that my apps are set to update doesn't correspond with the fifteen minutes juicedefender is enabling them to update? Will my apps just never update, always trying but finding no connection? Or does juicedefender automatically check when my apps want to update and set the timing accordingly?

12. itladyee

itladyee Lurker

I apologize if this has been addressed but my ADD will not allow me to read all the post in their entirety.

Im using this app and it had increased my battery life...BUT it turns off my data connection...which is ok, at long as I can easily turn it back on when I need to access something.

I have my setting set for balanced... I tried custom but wasn't sure what to change...

The only way I've determined to resume my data connection is to reboot...

13. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto

This is precisely why I stopped using JD. Fighting with the data connection just wasn't worth the slight power usage improvements I thought I saw. Then trying to get support from the developers was a waste of time, they answered nothing and seemed to help no one. I removed it from my device - and I had paid for 'Ultimate Juice'.

14. felix822

felix822 Member

Easier way is to turn on airplane mode and then turn it off. Data will turn on.

p.s. I stopped using Juice Defender because of this and haven't really noticed any actual difference in battery life since then.

jefboyardee likes this.
  15. itladyee

itladyee Lurker

Thanks for your quick replies. Glad to know it just wasn't me. I was at the gym this morning and missed about 30 minutes of important messages and had to reboot my phone to get them :(

I will uninstall this app and buy another battery ! :)

16. felix822

felix822 Member

That's what I did; bought the Seido extended battery and un-installed a few apps.

17. AdamsHouseCat

AdamsHouseCat Newbie

Same Here- I have wi-fi turned off at work. I sent test e-mails to myself and none came through (gave it half a day). My phone is set to push email, and check every hour. I set Juice defender to first check every 15 minutes- then every five minutes.

My email would not come through. I then uninstalled juice defender, power cycled the phone, and bingo! There are my test e-mails.

Any suggestions?

18. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Lurker

Just installed JuiceDefender 20 minutes ago. I am going to give it 2 weeks and see what happens. Just downloaded and turned it on. See how it goes.

19. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Lurker

I do have a question. I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer thinking that JuiceDefender did the same thing. Am I right? Or should I reinstall ATK.

20. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

shouldn't use a task killer on any android phone, does way more harm than good, especially auto-killing apps.
    Stick with juice defender, although how much it helps is up for debate.

21. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Lurker

Will do. Like I said before, I will give it about a week and see what happens. Thanks.

22. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

I installed juice defender and since I have I am not able to use 3G or 4G on thunderbolt, no internet connectivity.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix it?

23. fkuszaj

fkuszaj Lurker

I am going to try this app for i see more post that says it does more good than bad. I'm currently rooted using Bionix ROM and have am overclocked to 1.5mhz. I normally get about 12-15 hours with moderate use. Will post updates

24. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member

I've had juice defender for quite a while now. When I first got it (months ago) I noticed a big difference in the battery life. Now the last 2 weeks or so (can't remember if it was updated or not) it says its saving 1.6x the batt life, but my battery is just not lasting at all. This morning I unplugged my phone from the charger, and within 8 mins it was at 93% batt, and I hadn't even really done anything with the phone at all. Screen brightness is turned low, ect. I'm still running the stock battery on the thing and hadn't been too bothered by the life of the battery recently until the last week or so and I noticed its just dropping like crazy. right now at 6:45 PM its at 32%. I've checked emails a few times (just marking them as read) and sent and received a few texts, made one call. I also had it charging for about 30 mins during the day too. I don't know if the battery is just fried or what, but its kinda lame, lol.
    *edit* I haven't added any programs recently other than widgetlocker and a clock maker ap. Neither of which are even showing up in the battery usage screen on my phone. Otherwise, I don't have the espn ap, don't have a facebook ap checking every 10 mins, ect...

25. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member

I have used Juice Defender since day 1 with my Android phone (Atrix). It has been a great program. I use 'aggressive' setting.