• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Juice defender

All JuiceDefender does is disable 3G, WiFi, GPS, Sync (I think) and lower your signal to a minimum when the phone is idle. A laptop does not have 3G, GPS, sync, or phone signal so... I also don't think turning off WiFi would make a great impact considering laptop batteries are much, much bigger than a phone's. Just close the lid when not using it lol

Upvote 0
i mean like in emulator mode to test it out

edit:
Can i still dual boot android as an os since the latest of microsoft upgrades about genuine software versions?

EDIT: Android 5.0 Jellybean rumours were talking about switching os's without shuttingdown is this something i could accomplish?

Edit: http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1 http://keyable.blogspot.com/2011/12/install-and-boot-android-x86-40-ice.html i'll have to read up on this some more, any know for sure if the microsoft newest upgrades will interfere with what i want to do? Or if my model of labtop has compatibility with this?

Upvote 0
i mean like in emulator mode to test it out

edit:
Can i still dual boot android as an os since the latest of microsoft upgrades about genuine software versions?

EDIT: Android 5.0 Jellybean rumours were talking about switching os's without shuttingdown is this something i could accomplish?

Edit: ReleaseNote 4.0-RC1 - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86 Install and Boot Android x86 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on a Flash/Thumb Drive | Keyable i'll have to read up on this some more, any know for sure if the microsoft newest upgrades will interfere with what i want to do? Or if my model of labtop has compatibility with this?

I think you are confused about how an Operating System works. If you are trying to dual boot Windows and Android, your Android partition(s) will not be affected by any Windows updates.

In order to switch to another OS without shutting down, they would have to be running the same kernel (with today's implementation of kernels and OSes). Which means no switching from Windows to *nix-based OS.

I hope I answered your questions, I'm not sure exactly what you meant.

Reactions: scerini
Upvote 0
I think you are confused about how an Operating System works. If you are trying to dual boot Windows and Android, your Android partition(s) will not be affected by any Windows updates.

In order to switch to another OS without shutting down, they would have to be running the same kernel (with today's implementation of kernels and OSes). Which means no switching from Windows to *nix-based OS.

I hope I answered your questions, I'm not sure exactly what you meant.

So good to know windows updates won't affect me, I have seen my labtop dual booting mac leopard is this something i could apprehend with android or would chrome be a better bet.
I would really just like an os that doesn't hog up my battery, and no closing the lid doesn't justify help, nor does plugging it in, windows os is good to maintain system, but i just need basic stuff for my os like web, and a few programs to run business.
I would like to switch os's without shutting down but if not it's no biggie just something that would be a hassle otherwise.
I'd really like to dual boot mac, but i'm scared cause of windows update do you know if i can still do this procedure because of updates?
I know android, and chrome os can now, but not sure about dual booting mac

Upvote 0
So good to know windows updates won't affect me, I have seen my labtop dual booting mac leopard is this something i could apprehend with android or would chrome be a better bet.
I would really just like an os that doesn't hog up my battery, and no closing the lid doesn't justify help, nor does plugging it in, windows os is good to maintain system, but i just need basic stuff for my os like web, and a few programs to run business.
I would like to switch os's without shutting down but if not it's no biggie just something that would be a hassle otherwise.
I'd really like to dual boot mac, but i'm scared cause of windows update do you know if i can still do this procedure because of updates?
I know android, and chrome os can now, but not sure about dual booting mac

If you want a lightweight OS for web browsing, ChromeOS is pretty nice. If you want lightweight + business stuff (like Open Office, Spreadsheets, etc) you should try a linux distro. Otherwise, I'm sure you could install a Mac OS.

Windows updates should not cause you any problems. Just be careful when you install another OS, if you do it wrong you might accidentally overwrite your Windows partition.

Reactions: scerini
Upvote 0
If you want a lightweight OS for web browsing, ChromeOS is pretty nice. If you want lightweight + business stuff (like Open Office, Spreadsheets, etc) you should try a linux distro. Otherwise, I'm sure you could install a Mac OS.

Windows updates should not cause you any problems. Just be careful when you install another OS, if you do it wrong you might accidentally overwrite your Windows partition.

Doesn't Chrome OS have google docs? I haven't followed it but I would think it did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones