1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

JuiceDefender free

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by syx, Sep 23, 2011.

1. syx

syx Newbie

I have been having horrific battery life, so I intsalled JuiceDefender (the free version) and it seems to have made a significant difference. I set it up in standard mode with no tweaks.

I am about 5 hours in today and still at 76% where as I normally would be below 60%.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and if the paid versions are even better.

Advertisement

2. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

I have honestly been surprised by the battery life on my Bionic. After hearing rumors about the tbolt and charge having such horrible battery life, I was almost afraid to make a 4G device upgrade (even though I still don't have 4G in my area). I am seriously getting a solid 16 hours or more out of my battery with what I consider medium usage. Are you going all day with 4G turned on? From what I have read, 4G will definitely drain your battery.

3. SoDroid

SoDroid Android Enthusiast

The paid version allows for more tweaking such as training it to recognize your wifi spots, so the when you leave your home (assuming you have wifi there) it automatically turns wifi off. You can also set the internet connection times (3 min every 15, or whatever you prefer), set 'night time' hours (disconnects 4G and wifi), and restrict specific apps from connecting to the internet. I'm not sure if it made a significant difference as I have been using it since day1, but I know it did on my Droid X and OG Droid. I average about 16 hours on regular battery with JD.

EDIT: I also never turn my 4G off, I let juice defender handle that.

4. syx

syx Newbie

battery life was bad with 4G on or off. I don't have a good signal at work, so that takes its toll. Now at 72% at 6.5 hours.