• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JuiceDefender on DROID?

by default, it only disables the APN while the screen is off. This allows you to do what ever you want to do with the screen on and why you see the 3G connection. If you scroll thru all the text in the app, you can see where it disables the connection and re-enables it during times your screen is off. All it is doing is limiting the apps from being connected all the time, to a couple minutes every 15. I am not sure what got me the most improvement, but I was using Locale and stopped about the same time I started with this app. I can now make it 20 hours on a charge, were before I was real lucky to make it 15.

Upvote 0
by default, it only disables the APN while the screen is off. This allows you to do what ever you want to do with the screen on and why you see the 3G connection. If you scroll thru all the text in the app, you can see where it disables the connection and re-enables it during times your screen is off. All it is doing is limiting the apps from being connected all the time, to a couple minutes every 15. I am not sure what got me the most improvement, but I was using Locale and stopped about the same time I started with this app. I can now make it 20 hours on a charge, were before I was real lucky to make it 15.

Yea, I shut that off so it only is on for 1 minute per 15, yet I can always use 3g...

Upvote 0
then why if its suppose to save batter this app

by default when i opened it the first time it closed my 3g and opened wifi

Alot of people use WiFi at home/work. Its personal preference. You can turn it off. Plus, its not always on either. its on 1 minute per 15 minutes. I prefer 3g because I have a tower less than a mile away from my house. If you dont have that kind of signal, you may use WiFi.

Upvote 0
I bought the paid version, started using it and my battery m ultiplier shows 1.70 ish and my battery still seems to die just as fast as before if not faster... I am not really sure if this is helping too much I turned my processor frequency down to 800MHZ maybe that will help it was at 1.1GHZ. I will post again I have only had it a few days so my results may be flawed

Upvote 0
I think the battery is great on the Droid. So far today my uptime has been 11hrs and 4 minutes and I have 40% battery life left. I have pushed enabled via k-9 mail and I have synced enabled for my work calendar and contacts. I turned off sync for Gmail and Facebook. I have brightness turned all the way down and screen timeout set to 1 minute.

I got at least 60 emails today and responded to at least 25 of em. I viewd a few pdfs and excel spreadsheets.

I am currently surfing the web via wifi and have been for at least 35 minutes.

This software is gonna make my droid last even longer?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if I'm sold on it yet. I installed it the same day as an NCAA bracket app, and noticed zero difference. I deleted it a day or later, only to have my battery dead just after lunch (typically it lasts until 4.00 or so without a recharge), so I'm going to see what happens the next few days now that my bracket's shot and the app is gone. I'm hopeful to make it through a work day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Well the widget is total crap. If it is correct, the app is total crap. I am going to try to run my phone without defender on tomorrow. I am thinking this app is fraudulent... at least on the droid because i HIGHLY doubt that you can turn off data connections. As a matter of fact, im 99.9% sure that you cannot do this without enabling airplane mode, which the app doest do.

Upvote 0
Well the widget is total crap. If it is correct, the app is total crap. I am going to try to run my phone without defender on tomorrow. I am thinking this app is fraudulent... at least on the droid because i HIGHLY doubt that you can turn off data connections. As a matter of fact, im 99.9% sure that you cannot do this without enabling airplane mode, which the app doest do.

let us know what you think when doing the comparison because I am intrigued yet very skeptical about this app

Upvote 0

So I got to thinking about this tonight. If the APN is indeed turned of for several minutes, couldn't this be tested by simply sending yourself an email to the gmail account that's tied to the Droid (with the screen turned off), and see how long it takes to come through? If the app is legit, there should be a noticeable delay in receiving it, correct?

Upvote 0
So I got to thinking about this tonight. If the APN is indeed turned of for several minutes, couldn't this be tested by simply sending yourself an email to the gmail account that's tied to the Droid (with the screen turned off), and see how long it takes to come through? If the app is legit, there should be a noticeable delay in receiving it, correct?

YES
I have noticed that when my emails are coming in on my notebook - it will only alert me every 15 minutes on my phone, or when the screen comes on.
It's nice

I am almost up to 2.0x now - but this varies and can fluctuate based on useage. The Juice Plotter has a nice new widget I am testing against my "battery left" widget for accuracy.

Upvote 0
Ok, after 1.5 days, i AM noticing a difference in battery life. Of course this could be because I am using my phone more often because of 2.1 but idk... I am going to try the gmail test.

Test 1-Failure. Instant gmail received... (advanced Settings- 1/15m)
Test 2-Failure. Ditto^ (advanced Settings 1/15m)
Test 3-Failure. Took a little longer, but still got it whiten 3 minutes. (Easy Settings)

Conclusion- App doesnt work... :(

Upvote 0
seems to work for me, been getting awesome battery time since i installed the app. i uninstalled the 'graph' thingy that u can use as an add-on because i noticed that was soaking up battery power... but with the app alone i can do a heavy amount of usage with the phone and i'll still have 70% on average by the end of the day, which is unheard of when i only had like 30 or 40% max at the end of the day.

i get about 1.75-1.95x's according to the app.

Upvote 0
I turned it off a few days ago, and I've seen zero difference; as it is, just about all my apps that require internet access (email, Facebook, Sportstap, Weatherbug, etc.) are already set to sync at no less than 15 min intervals (only gmails and related content is pushed), so I can't say how surprised I am. It may be helpful to those who aren't careful with their battery usage to begin with, but I can't see it helping me. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones