1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

JuiceDefender schedule

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AlanB1976, Jul 21, 2011.

1. AlanB1976

AlanB1976 Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    Hey all
    I'm playing around with the scheduling of JuiceDefender and am not sure if I got it right (and if it's even working). I use it more as a connection scheduler than an actual battery saving tool.
    My basis is to have a peak time where data is always on (for international skype communications), a standard time thereafter where data is checked occasionally and a night time where data is not needed. I don't mind what data connection is on during the peak, as long as skype and other communications can arrive. Wifi and other connections can then activate when the screen is on and I am active.
    So I have set up the following
    - Schedule 'enabled'
    - Frequency '15min'
    - Duration '30s'
    - Controls 'default'
    - Night 'Enabled' (with period set)
    - Peak 'Enabled' (with period set)
    - Frequency 'On'
    - Controls 'Default'

1. Is that correct? I ask as if the phone is locked (screen blank) and I go into it, it sometimes doesn't show any data or wifi connection that is currently on and skype is sometimes trying to connect. It looks as if the connection is only established because I bring the screen on.

2. Can I disable wifi under the scheduled controls as, a normal data connection is sufficient for skype, etc. Will that allow wifi to be enabled once I bring the device on (screen on)?

3. Does location take priority over schedule? So if I have wifi to go on at home, will it leave that on or disable it according to schedule (e.g. during the peak time if I set wifi off)?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Alan

Advertisement

2. AlanB1976

AlanB1976 Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    Ok, I don't think JuiceDefenders schedules are working at all. I noticed that my weather app had an update from 01h00 when the schedule says to disable data in the sleep period.

3. dacbeth

dacbeth Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    I believe that Juiice Defender states that it CANNOT turn off 3g because of t GB, check the description of Juice Defender. That is why your phone gets updates and mail while JD is suppose to have mobile and wifi off!