• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

June 18th!?? Really??

The delay lies with Verizon for not having even close to the stock required for the demand. If anyone from Verizon had checked these or other forums they would have had some idea as to the interest. Sorry, but shortages out almost 2 months after launch and still being pushed out makes no sense. Personally I think Verizon is much more interested in pushing the Motorola products. Hoping with all these delays people will switch over to the new Motorola phones coming instead.

If this is all true then that means the the Desire should be in the same boat and have the same delays. I bet it does not. I'm sure someone can verify this.

Upvote 0
The delay lies with Verizon for not having even close to the stock required for the demand. If anyone from Verizon had checked these or other forums they would have had some idea as to the interest.

All the Android forums on the internet combined probably represent 1% of the general public interested in this phone.

Personally I think Verizon is much more interested in pushing the Motorola products. Hoping with all these delays people will switch over to the new Motorola phones coming instead.

That's because the Droid is in stock and the DI isn't. If you're Verizon, why would you want to push the DI heavy right now if people who have already ordered it aren't getting the phone until the beginning of July? Advertising is only going to push the "ship by" date back even further and piss more people off, in addition to clogging their customer support lines even more.

Upvote 0
tHAS BS...VERIZONHAS A LOT IN STOCK (i THINK) SINCE i ORDERER MINE 2 WEEKS AGO AND GET IT 2 DAYS LATER
AND THEY SEND ME A REPLACEMENT A WEEK AGO AND I GET IT 2 DAYS LATER....SO HOW'S THAT?....
FOR ME IS JUST MARKETING
right, they are going to purpose hold people back from getting a phone instread of trying to make money...great business idea....

Upvote 0
tHAS BS...VERIZONHAS A LOT IN STOCK (i THINK) SINCE i ORDERER MINE 2 WEEKS AGO AND GET IT 2 DAYS LATER
AND THEY SEND ME A REPLACEMENT A WEEK AGO AND I GET IT 2 DAYS LATER....SO HOW'S THAT?....
FOR ME IS JUST MARKETING

Its true, they've got a whole warehouse full of them just sitting covered in dust. They are trying to cause mass hysteria but its not working because a select few keep slipping through the cracks and getting sent out like yours. You should send it back....

Upvote 0
I mean who cares. its back-ordered. it sucks but they are not hiding the fact. order it or dont. VZ will survive either way. i ordered mine a few days ago. ill wait. i know this. big deal. my life will not end. in the mean-time research and more research. iv got my screen protectors and a few cases.

its like a baby. just because THAT takes 9 months dont mean we dont have them;)

Reactions: jes0212
Upvote 0
the droid is an inferior phone in many aspects, i hate the looks of it compared to the Inc.

Evo is on Sprint, nuff said for most people. they will wait without issue

If you are a Flash game or emulator fan, those would be reasons to get a Droid, since keys make a lot of Flash games playable and obvious for emulators. That said, I would hold out for the Droid 2 in that case.

When Droid becomes hard to get, we will know they are bleeding inventory for Droid 2. I will then buy a Droid off eBay, since should be real cheap cost and great game system with Gamegripper :)

Upvote 0
I believe he is referring to the KB

Yes. Droid has the d-pad mapped as arrow keys and a TON of Flash games need the arrow keys. A real bunch of them. I have a few hundred Flash games saved on my N900 and launch them straight from the file manager. 458mb worth of them.

Far more than not need the arrow keys and a touch interface will have to be made, similar to the virtual gamepads on the emulators- if they are ever to be playable.

Upvote 0
The delay lies with Verizon for not having even close to the stock required for the demand. If anyone from Verizon had checked these or other forums they would have had some idea as to the interest. Sorry, but shortages out almost 2 months after launch and still being pushed out makes no sense. Personally I think Verizon is much more interested in pushing the Motorola products. Hoping with all these delays people will switch over to the new Motorola phones coming instead.

If this is all true then that means the the Desire should be in the same boat and have the same delays. I bet it does not. I'm sure someone can verify this.

Sure, Verizon is supposed to go bang down Samsung's door to force them to produce screens for HTC faster. If Verizon had waited for more stock so they had "enough" on launch day, we would probably still be waiting for it to release.

Get your panties out of a wad, and deal with it. I waited my two weeks from ordering semi-patiently and now mine shows Tuesday. I average about two years on a phone, so it's not like two weeks is that big of a deal.

It's not like any phones coming out are that radically different anyway. If you want one of those, get one. Whining on an internet forum changes nothing. Not buying it from Verizon changes nothing. They're still backordered, and Verizon is selling as many of them as can be produced right now.

Upvote 0
FOR ME IS JUST MARKETING
I'm going to try to help you out.....ok follow me here...I'll go slow so I don't confuse you...alright...look down from your monitor, probably right under your monitor, at that thing you are pecking on, it's called a keyboard, now bear with me....type this sentence..A CAT JUMPED OVER THE MOON......ready...go...................STOP.....ok...when you find the letter A for the first word, look just to the left of it, there should be a button that says "Caps Lock" just tap that button and continue, it's not polite to yell at people on here....thanks for your time....

Upvote 0
Something I think a lot of people are missing here Is how backorders truly work with Verizon. When they say that the phone Is on back order til 6/22 this does not mean that you won't get your phone until then but that the soonest they can guarantee that you will. If they get them in stock sooner, and they do all the time, and your name Is next on the list then you get your phone a lot sooner.

I've been following this issue for a bit now and the backorder strikes me as more of a precaution like a tech saying a 10 minute job will take 2 hours just incase there are any problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones