• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

June 4th Release??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt they launch the Nexus S on a Sunday?

The only launch of a "flagship" phone on Sprint that hasn't been on a Friday in the 3 previous years was the Palm Pre, which technically was released at premiere parties on Friday but the general public availability was on Saturday.

All of the "non-flagship" phones on Sprint are released on Sunday, has been that way for the last serveral years as well.

Reactions: FemDroid
Upvote 0
The only launch of a "flagship" phone on Sprint that hasn't been on a Friday in the 3 previous years was the Palm Pre, which technically was released at premiere parties on Friday but the general public availability was on Saturday.

All of the "non-flagship" phones on Sprint are released on Sunday, has been that way for the last serveral years as well.

Hmm so the Nexus S isn't a flagship device I guess even though it is the only 4g Nexus S out there.

Upvote 0
Hmm so the Nexus S isn't a flagship device I guess even though it is the only 4g Nexus S out there.

Sprint really only puts out one "flagship" phone a year (Instinct, Pre, Evo 4g and now 3D in the most recent history) that they really put all of the marketing money toward.

That isn't to say that the Nexus S 4G (or the Hero 2 years ago and the Epic last year) weren't top tier devices, they just didn't get the push that the "flagship" phones did.

You can still see that in the fact that most everywhere (at least in KC) the EVO 4G is on billboards, the main signage in the stores and most of the ads I see on TV that aren't simply Dan talking, always have the 4G in them

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones