1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just a fantastic phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Androidcurious, May 8, 2012.

1. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I just wanted to start a thread purely to praise this phone. It has been a fantastic user experience without compromise. The Android community always seems to hold it's breath waiting for that one great phone. This is it. Performance is beastly, fast, precise, and efficient. Battery life has been tremendous, something I never thought I'd see on a big display LTE phone.

Also, it's the first Android phone that I think is actually as striking as the iphone in design. It's sleek, comfortable to hold, and it even fits in my pocket!

Great, great phone. I'm convinced this is the standard bearer for the platform this year.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I'm inclined to agree, I've had mine a month and I can't imagine any other phone topping this.

XxKU134xX and karmamule like this.
  3. blacktea

blacktea Member
    None

Apr 17, 2012
    Student
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Been with the phone a month and still wow at the screen everytime I unlock my phone :)

4. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    I've only had mine since the release date this past Sunday, but it has by far been the smoothest experience I've had with a new phone. Usually I like my new phone, but there are always those one or two nagging things that I really wish were different. (With my Thunderbolt it was battery life and uninspired design and weight and losing connectivity; with my Rezound it was battery life and the stodgy design and the weight)

So far the One X has been as close to ideal as I think I could reasonably expect a phone to be. (Sure I had one or two quirks: eg one time I lost LTE connectivity and had to restart to get it back, but never since, and I've had Sense reload on me a couple times.)

Unlike my last couple phones, every time I look at my new phone not only am I thrilled with it for my own use, but I want to show it off. (And it is fun to watch people's reaction to it... 8-o )

A beautiful phone indeed.

5. alcohol

alcohol Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Agree. This is my first android phone purchase and i'm mostly satisfied. I had symbian, windows mobile, and windows phone before this.

Honestly this is the first decent android phone that got my attention (galaxy nexus was first but it wasnt on AT&T).

6. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Printer
    Northampton (UK)
    I love this phone as i loved my Desire before it, battery performance outweighs the Desire by far, after a months use i can't fault it.
    And running a senseless Rom on it only improves it further.
    I only have 9 months left before my next upgrade, but to be honest, i think this phone will far outlast my upgrade date.

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    I feel this phone is excellent too, i also feel the tegra 3 version will also get better still once its on the ics kernel

8. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2010
    Male
    Derivative Trader - AIG "JK"
    Maine USA
    +1 on all the accolades. This has to be the best phone i have owned to date. I give it a solid 10 in all categories :)

9. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Enjoy seeing threads like this. The positive post help bring a positive light for those having concern issues.

El Presidente likes this.
  10. danangdevils

danangdevils Newbie
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I have to agree too, i was a bit worried about the battery life to begin with but i've had mine for about a month now and i still have plenty left at the end of the day with browsing FB, checking emails, playing a bit of game etc...

And the screen just blows me away everytime i look at it....

I've had iphones and other androids but this tops the lot.

Apple would have to come up with something pretty spectacular to prize me away!

11. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    I completely agree!

12. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Philly
    Just got mine yesterday. I agree. The screen is awesome. My favorite thing tough is the weight. It is just so light. The other great thing is that it pretty much lays flat. My Inspire camera lens kind of made it rock back and forth when you would put it down. The one doesn't do that. Can't wait to take some pics with it.

13. alexward

alexward Member
    None

May 4, 2012
    Male
    machine op
    Millow, Bedfordshire, UK
    Love love love mine. Came from a two year old Desire. It's just like a bigger better, more improved version of that :)
    Big thumbs up from me. Well done HTC.

14. Duv

Duv Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm glad to see some more positive reviews. my upgrade is due next month, and I've really been uncertain after reading about all the problems,screen, battery etc.

15. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Male
    Manchester, England
    Love this phone too, been searching for the perfect phone now for the last 3 years changing far too often, about every 3 months, the sgs2 was the nearest I came but foolishly changed to a nexus then to the Sony xperia s and now to this. Blows them all away, I am now a happy camper with the perfect device.

16. JKOH

JKOH Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    Yes the best and most satisfied phone I had so far.
    The feeling is just like when I first had my Desire, only imperfection about the Desire is the limited capacity but for One X, no such problem.
    Hope HTC keep up with the excellent build quality of their phones.

17. michiel.van.wessem

None

I do love the the phone, as mentioned the screen quality is amazing, so is the weight, or rather the lack there-off. Sadly tomorrow I am back at the shop getting my X exchanged for the third time (!) .. first time 3G was bust, and now it stopped reading my sim-card.

But other than those problems (and the frustrations of setting up the phone and configuring it, I have pretty much nothing else then praise for it. Now here's hoping to third time is the charm, eh?

18. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Yikes, good luck Michiel! I hope the 3rd time is indeed a charm for you, and you get a great phone like myself and the others on this thread have...

19. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Philly
    I just checked out the slow motion video capture. It is amazing. Has anyone else tried it out? It would be great to tape my golf swing. I'll be a scratch in no time!!

20. chdwil

chdwil Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    Love the phone as well. Att version. Super fast, gorgeous design. Screen rivals iPhone 4S. Camera is outstanding. Interface is better imho compared to Samsung. Glass seems very resistant to scratches, great since I hate screen protectors. Only gripe is 16gb memory on US version.

21. chdwil

chdwil Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    How are you accessing it? I can't find the option.

22. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you hit the "A" in the bottom left of the screen in landscape camera mode, the top option should be Slow Motion camera

23. blacktea

blacktea Member
    None

Apr 17, 2012
    Student
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Yes I've played around with the Slow Motion capture feature, it shoots in normal resolution (or as it seems), but when you're done and the video gets processed, the quality and resolution gets turned down a whole notch, blurring everything. The effect is quite spectacular though! Kind of like what you would get from the SlowMoGuys (youtube: theslowmoguys).

Tags: