• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just a few questions about GS4 (VZW phone)

Zach59CTD

Aug 20, 2013
ok guys, ive had my phone since about July, came from a Blackberry Bold 9930 iirc. Anyway, just a few things id like to either be confirmed on, or taught how to change. Heres list as follows.

• Pages on main screen: on some of the S4s ive seen, the user can continually swipe page to page and it just continues to swipe, as with mine it stops when ive reached the furthest left and right screen pages, is there any way i can change so that mine will also continually sweep and not stop.
  • E mail display time: With my old blackberry my e mail would stay in the e mail folder as long as i kept it and just show as unread. With my S4 it automatically deletes off the phones e mail folder 24 hrs after it was received, whether opened or not. Is there a way i can change the length of time the phone will hold e mails whether read or unread. Im missing lots of important things since the e mails delete themselves out of phone after only 24 hrs.
  • Camera pictures and setting background image: Ive noticed with this phone, itll only let you choose a VERY small portion of a picture you take as the background picture for the phone. Is there any way to change this as i often want to set an image of something but i will only get about 1/4 of image i want to show in background.

Im sure i can think of more stuff but thats all thats on my mind off hand. Ill just add to this post more as i get new questions. Hopefully someone can help me out here and let me know whether any of this can be adjusted or if this is all just "how it is"

Thanks Guys

I'm not familiar with the "infinite scroll" feature mentioned in post 2, but I would mention that you can get to any screen by hitting the corresponding little dot at the bottom of the home page. There should be seven dots. I would also mention that if you try setting up folders you might find you don't need so many screens. I only have three screens set up, and one is over half empty and another is a full screen display of my calendar.

As to the second, that's odd behavior. I would check the settings on your email app or even a different email app.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about on the third item.

Upvote 0
For question #1, if the stock launcher doesn't have infinite scroll, then use a 3rd party launcher that does.

For questions #2, I just checked my stock email settings and didn't see anything to change how long they stay in the inbox. (Maybe it needs to be changed in Google.)

For question #3, I have the same problem at times. I think it depends on the size of the picture, if it will allow you to use the entire picture or not. (I'm on AT&T)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones