• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just a little help to send me on way.

sudeki300

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
yesterday i rooted my desire but i have no interest in installing a custom rom. all i want to install is apps2sd or apps2sd +i have read many guides but most of them conflict each other.if i was to follow these steps what would be wiped from the phone.

1. Using the optical trackpad select Wipe > Wipe data/factory reset
  2. After this has completed do Wipe > Wipe cache
  3. Again, once this has completed do Wipe > Wipe Dalvik-cache.

i understand that the sd card gets wiped and that is not a problem, i'm more worried what gets wiped from the phone memory (not worried about installed apps) also can i do the ext3/4 from the phone as i only have windows 7.thanks......................sudeki300

Can I just ask a quickie question here, too?

I'm in the same position - I have rooted the stock ROM and don't want to install a custom one, only to add apps2sd+ to the stock (rooted) ROM.

I have ROM Manager and I'm OK with the partitioning side of things, but could someone put up a really simple explanation of how to actually add the apps2sd+ functionality in this scenario?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones