1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Just a quick hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AmbientBlu, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AmbientBlu

AmbientBlu Active Member

Nov 24, 2009
    NYC
    So I finally took the plunge and purchased my first smartphone. I chose the Eris because of everything I've read about it, because of its aesthetics, and because it just seemed like a generally kick ass phone.

It's quite the learning curve, going from a regular cell to an Android based cell, even for someone fairly tech savvy like myself. I see myself getting frustrated with not being able to figure things out as quickly as I'd like, but it's definitely a fun process and the tips and tricks I found on this forum (especially increasing battery life ... damn you, YouMail application ... guess it's back to dialing into YouMail or just checking my e-mail) have been especially helpful.

I'm still not 100% positive I'll be keeping this phone, simply because of the monthly bill (jut about double my old plan) and the fact that a lot of the functionality duplicates that of my iPod Touch, but either way, I think it's a great phone and I can't wait to see how much better it gets with updates.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy you visits !! :cool:

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to the Forums! :D