1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just a quick "Hello"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YankeeDudeL, Jun 22, 2011.

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I've been doing a fair bit of lurking, and a small touch of sharing in here. Def been considering the Charge. Well, finally trash canned my g/f's DInc yesterday for a shiny new DC. Oh man, what a diff.

I can finally comfortably say that a phone has come along that truly makes my OG Droid green with envy. I'm completely jealous of her new toy. It's a great phone, and I'm proud to welcome another Droid to my plan (5 lines, 4th Android).

So anyway, hey guys. I'm YankeeDudeL. Expect to see me pop in from time to time. Especially when I can get the phone away from her long enough to root it. lol

Advertisement

2. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    you are cool already to me, since u r from Jersey ha :)

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  3. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    That increases the "cool" quotient exponentially. I have no idea what that means, but it sounded techy.

carmendiva likes this.
  4. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    lol :)

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  5. NJ Droid

NJ Droid Member
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    North Jersey
    Hey I am from dirty jersey too. always good to see fellow garden staters on forums.

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  6. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Well, in all fairness, I live in sunny South Carolina, now. But considering my name, I had to add where I'm from to my location. lol But always glad to get a taste of home.

7. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Are you still waiting for the Bionic to be released?

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  8. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Most likely, but I'm not positive. Now that it's all but been confirmed that current VZW customers don't have to worry about tiered data, I'm not in big a rush to get most of my lines on 4G. So this changes the game a lot for me.

I've been so ready to upgrade as my Droid has really been topped out and has had diminished capability in recent months. It's been driving me insane. But I dropped it recently and cracked the screen, prompting me to get an insurance replacement, which will come today. I suspect it'll be a Droid 2. I'm sure the new phone will satiate my desire for sustained performance enough long enough. And now that I've replaced the woman's terrible DInc with a Charge, I can now hold onto these upgrades until I see for sure the next phone I want.

I'm closely watching the Bionic as well as the SGS2, but neither one is a clear cut choice above the other for me. And now that I don't have to rush, I can perhaps hold out long enough to see what else is coming on the horizon.

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  9. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    Welcome YankeeDudeL, I always like your post, humor, and wit... Stop messing around and grab the SGSII's 4G/LTE Sibling... The Droid Charge. You GF has one... You need to grab one of these slabs of Droid Goodness. The battery, the camera, the display, the custom ROM availability, the custom stuff available- Wireless Charging back, super extended battery actually looks good and does not weigh the phone down too much, the lightness, 4G/LTE-30MB download speeds, the super hot look about the phone, it looks like a Dodge Charger or a Transformer, your call... I could see this thing in the movies. Complete your happiness, join your GF and the rest of us Charg-o-liscious users. My only complaint is in the name change... Stealth sounded cooler than Charge, I want to make a custom ROM called Blade Runner, One Smoking Hot Android to hunt the others and rule over them all!!!

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    YankeeDudeL I hope you have better luck with this phone than the OD and the Dincs. Still say your jinxed lol.

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  11. YankeeDudeL

None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Thanks Gunner, I def appreciate it. And I'd like to thank you for your insightful posts here and in the LG Revo forum that lead me to the Charge.

I can't knock the Charge, as I agree with everything you said. I really love the look of the phone, and have heard it compared to both a Charger or Transformer as well. Either one works for me, only adds to the sex appeal. I, too, would have preferred it if they stuck with the Stealth codename.

What gets me is that when I play with the phone, it just fits my hand so well. Typing on it is a breeze, and is already easier for me than my very own OG Droid that I've had since Day 1. So far, I love everything about it, except for the fact that my g/f is trying to get me to leave it alone (must...root...Charge...need...to...flash...ROM!). But I def will root it, I need to see what theis baby is capable of.

Still, I'm gonna hold out and wait for the next big thing that suits my needs. News that the Motorola will be pushing out an update to the Atrix that will unlock the bootloader may have me back on the Bionic bandwagon (I'm on and off that thing so damn much, I need a sidecar). Still, if the SGS2 beats it out and does have LTE, it'd be sure hard to pass up.

Thanks DJ. I am jinxed. But according to an SC state judge, that's not an acceptable or appropriate plea. :p

Actually, to my surprise, my insurance replacement wound up being another OG Droid. I thought they were all but extinct. So far, it's doing alright, but the older tech isn't going to satiate my desires for as long as a D2 would have. I'll be upgrading soon.