• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just arrived :)

Hey guys check the review here:

HTC Desire HD - HardwareZone.com

if you don't mind a phone that comes without the HTC Sense UI and HTCSense.com, there are phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S, which might be a better choice over the HTC Desire HD. Why so? The HTC Desire HD might be an impressive phone, but there are certain aspects where we weren't too pleased about. The HTC Desire HD comes with an S-LCD screen that pales in comparison to the former's SUPER AMOLED screen. The HTC Desire HD is a hefty and heavy phone that might not be everyone's liking. These aspects also affect its battery life, and thus it's certainly not the best among the other contenders
It did really bother me that the battery performance really sucks and the review says that they are not impressed as much as they expected. They are saying not a big improvement compared to Desire except Htcsense or big screen.

Do you think we have exaggerated DHD so much? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Them Orange deals don't seem to say anything about data allowance.what do you get?

500mb

cool.. should i wait for MPD? lol. i'm so impatient nw. T_T

just wait it out

lol.. but still T-mobile offered the best deal on MPD.
well, 7 more days for MPD to deliver our phone !!

your getting as bad as me lol..make your mind up lol

One of the P4U guys told me their paperwork described it as black too.

"Looks black to me" he said....

It wasn't.

haha.

Upvote 0
Postman just delivered it 20mins ago and all i can say is wow! the screen really is the dogs balls!

Ordered from P4U and i can confirm that the phone is black and comes with a 8gb card already inside the phone.

Never used android before but loving the look and how smooth everything runs. Also got my screen protectors and case this morning so putting them on now.

Really? How weird. I got mine from P4U instore on Saturday and its the copper one. :s

Upvote 0
wow congratulations!
smile.gif

Upvote 0
I got a call from nice Manager called Andy at CPW in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire (in the UK) yesterday afternoon he got 2 delivered, Orange wouldn't let me upgrade(as they weren't doing upgrades yet!!) so I just got a new contract (I was out of contract anyways) waiting for the HD to arrive,
It's mega fast just getting used to it, it's a breeze to use and sat on the bus this morning with phone in my jeans pocket listening to music on last fm, (sound is good!) so no issues with size of the phone for me

Here's some pics I took this morning, at home before I left for work, apologies for the pics, it's only my little digital camera, Ignore the date as I don't know how to get rid of it or change it on my camera :thinking:

I've blue toothed my contacts over last night, joined HTC sense, and just added apps, faffed around in general battery seems fine though the screen was live screen was using a wopping 77% of my usage. I'm not that bothered about a pretty screen, easy to access all the wifi network at work and home
I haven't had an android phone before but intuitively figured it out ( isn't that the fun of these phones)
it came with 8GB SD card
Very impressed so far

HTCHd1.jpg

HTCHd3.jpg

HTcHd2.jpg

HTCHd4.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey guys check the review here:

HTC Desire HD - HardwareZone.com

It did really bother me that the battery performance really sucks and the review says that they are not impressed as much as they expected. They are saying not a big improvement compared to Desire except Htcsense or big screen.

Do you think we have exaggerated DHD so much? :thinking:

This is really concerning me!!

I have a SGS and i can just about cope with the battery life - the DHD looks considerably worse!!!

Why on earth they didn't put a better battery in.

moz-screenshot.png
Batt_02.jpg

Batt.jpg

Upvote 0
This is really concerning me!!

I have a SGS and i can just about cope with the battery life - the DHD looks considerably worse!!!

Why on earth they didn't put a better battery in.

I agree it's slightly worrying and HTC have possibly made a slight mistake here, but I'd happily go for worse battery life over my POS Galaxy S.

Upvote 0
The GPS, lag and wifi are shockingly bad enough (the phone never should have made it through QA testing), but the way Samsung are handling it is even worse.

The latest is they've pulled the 2.2 update without telling anyone and that it will be reworked (considerably) and released some time in Nov/Dec.

Probably sensible as it didn't actually fix any of the serious issues but the fact Samsung haven't come clean is unforgivable.

Upvote 0
The GPS, lag and wifi are shockingly bad enough (the phone never should have made it through QA testing), but the way Samsung are handling it is even worse.

The latest is they've pulled the 2.2 update without telling anyone and that it will be reworked (considerably) and released some time in Nov/Dec.

Probably sensible as it didn't actually fix any of the serious issues but the fact Samsung haven't come clean is unforgivable.

I am disappointed with the SGS as it has the potential to be a great phone! Unfortunately Samsung have screwed it up and as you say the way they have handled it has been even worse! Ridiculous that you have to rely on a third party to write a fix to make the phone useable!

The only reason I initially went for the SGS over the Desire was the spec - HTC products are in a different league in terms of quality, and now the DHD is of similar spec, it is a no brainer! People did warn that they would never go with Samsung due to the post-sales support... unfortunately they were right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones