1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just bought a model of this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JiaoTongNan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. JiaoTongNan

JiaoTongNan Newbie

Hello, I've just purchased an LG G4 VS986 for my grandmother. As a newbie to the phone I need a couple of tips:
    • Would a third party extended battery be a good choice? I've read this phone's battery life is not the best. However, the batty the ebay seller included works well as of now.
    • Do you recommend staying on android 6.0 (marshmallow) or would installing LineageOS be a better choice? I would like to install LineageOS for simplified interfaces and features, but I am concerned whether the custom rom will negatively affect battery life or cannot use audio, wifi, camera, messaging, etc.
    • If keeping the stock rom is an overall better choice, then is there any easy methods to root the phone? I desire to disable background tasks with the application, Freeze to optimize battery life and keep the phone convenient for my grandma that does not speak English very well.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews