1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just bought a Nexus 5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toolman0114, Dec 11, 2013.

1. toolman0114

toolman0114 Lurker

Sorry folks, but I'm an iphone person and bought a Nexus 5 for my wife to upgrade her from a Samsung Galaxy W.
    How do I transfer all her apps, contacts, pics, etc.
    Is there a post with easy to follow instructions on transferring everything to a new droid?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Welcome! :D

Apps and contacts should automatically restore when she signs into her Google account if she allowed them to be backed up by Google on her prior phone.

As far as pictures go, you can hook the old phone up to a computer, drag and drop the pictures off the phone onto the computer, and then reverse the process with the new phone to drag and drop the photos onto the phone. They're likely in a folder titled DCIM or pictures

3. g01851

g01851 Well-Known Member

The pictures issue is why I like the Dropbox app... if you set it up for Camera Uploads when you first install it, it makes saving pictures a lot easier :)

For the contacts and apps, make sure the old phone has the settings turned on for this. Look in Settings > Backup & Reset. If it was not turned on, turn on the Backups, restart the phone, and give it maybe 1/2 hr to make sure the settings for all the apps are backed up.

Personally, I prefer to re-install apps on a new phone, rather than let a backup do it... sometimes you have a lot of apps installed that you never used, or don't need anymore... sort of a spring cleaning for your phone.

Rxpert83 likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews