1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just bought a white Galaxy S2, but 3G won't work!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrHoon, Sep 15, 2011.

1. MrHoon

MrHoon Lurker

So I just got my white galaxy s2 from ebay

Here are the specs
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brand--------- [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    MPN-------
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GT-I9100RWA[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Carrier--------
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unlocked
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Family----- Line[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samsung Galaxy S[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Model
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I------- i9100
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UPC------- [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8806071648507
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Type------[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Smartphone[/FONT]

So far the phone is great but there is one problem, 3G doesn't work on it.
    Now my previous phone was a Iphone 3GS and I'm not TOO good with computers...

Wifi works okay, the phone part works great too but I have no 3G which is very lame...

Can anyone else with an unlocked galaxy s2 help me out? It seems like I'm the only one with this problem online currently o_O

I called samsung, and they told me Unlocked phones even bought from the US cannot use 3G or even 4G (is this even right? Seems so wrong;;;)

I called AT&T and they said "We have no galaxy s2s so we don't know what to do ;-;"

EDIT: Oh right, I'm in the states right now

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

You possibly need to set up your apn settings. Settings, wireless and network, mobile networks, apn names. Then add the following info
    Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80 MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

Medion likes this.
  3. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

did u turn on data roaming?

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Data roaming is of no relevance to obtaining a data connection on your 'home' mobile network.

5. 3waygeek

3waygeek Well-Known Member

I've been using a SGS II on AT&T since May. No problem with 3G or HSPA+. Try setting the APN as Shotgun84 suggests.

6. hurrakan

hurrakan Lurker

There is a known issue with losing 3G connectivity.

Samsung told me that the only way to fix it is to re-flash the phone (at a Service Centre).

7. timbosslice

timbosslice Lurker

I had the same issue when I got mine. Either find some network settings off the internet or take it into your network retail store and ask them about the problem (what I did). They changed the settings there and then with no charge, and I walked out with not only 3G signal, but H+

8. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

If ur carrier is roaming off a sister tower u need to turn on roaming
    it happened to me using fido sim card but i was roaming off Rogers
    i had to change my sim card to turn off roaming

9. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I don't doubt it, but the OP stated that he is in the US with AT&T.

10. Can anyone please confirm if the GT-I9100RWA will work with at&t 3g and h+ ?
    I am looking to by an unlock version on ebay and would not be happy if all I can get is 2g. Please help... Thanks

11. kiranbhanu

kiranbhanu Lurker

I faced a simmilar problem in India and after clearly looking at the sim card slot , I found that I inserted the SIM card in wrong direction. Please look at the sim card simbol and insert accordingly don't look at the shape of the sim card .

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews