• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just bought my kids N7s

magalan

Lurker
Jun 22, 2011
I just bought my kids a couple of first gen N7s (32GB). I've set each of them up with their own google account. I'd like to be able to install apps and movies I've purchased. I know I can just add my google account to their tablets and download them, but I don't necessarily want them to have access to my gmail, youtube, calendar, etc. I'm sure there is a way to do this, but I'm not sure how. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hmm ill have to think about that one...... you will have to have your google account on it but im wondering, if you have yours and their accounts on it, will it auto log in to your youtube account for example or would it ask for your password?
Make sure your play store account is password protected for purchases btw lol ;)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I've a similar setup with my little boy. I'd a tonne of games bought for him when he used my tab and when I bought him his own for Christmas, I gave him his own gmail account and added mine a secondary.

He can play and install all the games bought previously on his new tab no problem.

Incidentally, you can have the same gmail account linked to 10 devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones