1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just bought my Verizon Moto G tonight!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmcook79, Jan 11, 2014.

1. jmcook79

jmcook79 Android Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2013
    Male
    Retail
    Florida
    The closest best buy that had it in stock was an hour away but since they didn't offer the 2 year accident protection plan unless you bought it in the store, I made the drive. I could have got the standard protection plan but I wanted the extra protection lol.

I wish it were a 16GB but I'll have plenty of space I just won't put my entire music collection on it. I got the Walmart $50 Verizon card with 1GB data ($48.15 after my employee discount) which is probably all I'll ever need but at least I have the option to upgrade if I want.

I'm about to open the box right now :D

P.S. the only thing that sucks is Verizon said I can't port my current straight talk number! I thought for sure I could keep my number.

Advertisement

2. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats Newbie
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Getting my Moto G on Monday :D

3. jmcook79

Jan 1, 2013
    Male
    Retail
    Florida
    Well they told me I have to wait up to 2 days for my Straight Talk phone before I can get past the activation screen. I figured out how to bypass the screen by pushing the task list button and swiping away the activation so now I'm using it on wifi for the time being. Does anyone know how I get back to the activation screen when I need to? Never mind once I rebooted it came back.

4. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats Newbie
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    I was wondering if it would be able to get back to that menu lol I'm gonna have to wait a week before I can activate it and wanted to play around with it instead of wait.

Could you maybe try it one more time just to fully confirm?

5. jmcook79

Jan 1, 2013
    Male
    Retail
    Florida
    Yes I just rebooted again and it appeared :)

TotesMyGoats likes this.
  6. DrKARMA

DrKARMA Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Have it for tmobile and its a bawss.16gb version though so only put in 1/5 of my library and took 1.8gb already :( but the 3G speed isn't bad. Love this phone!

7. jmcook79

Jan 1, 2013
    Male
    Retail
    Florida
    My entire library is only 11.5GB, but I usually find myself only listening to a few different albums a week anyway so I'm just going to rotate them lol. I have all my apps installed and a bunch of my favorite music and still have a 2.65GB left. I definitely wouldn't recommend this phone to someone who wants to carry their entire music collection around or plays a lot of games. I only use a few dozen apps at any given time so it's perfect for me. Maybe Verizon will eventually offer the 16GB version.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.