• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just bought WIFI model, love it, thinking of getting 4g LTE model instead?

ShanDroyd

Jun 11, 2011
First off, I am absolutely in love with this Tab! I waited long and hard to finally find the right device for me. I even tried a few other models and returned them immediately. I am currently using Verizon for cell phone service, and I am now seriously contemplating taking this table back and buying the 4g LTE model.

Any thoughts on that?

Best Buy told me that it will work with Verizon, but Amazon says AT&T.
any input on that too?

Also, why would I have to sign a 2 year contract on the device with my cell carrier, when I am paying full price for the tablet, unlike a cell phone where you get it at a reduced price for signing a contract ( subsidization )

I have about 3 weeks to decide before I am out of the return policy.

To my knowledge, the only high end Asus tablet that has data radios is the Nexus 7, which is only compatible the HSPA+, not LTE. Asus may be releasing LTE enabled tablets down the road, but there are none in existence now. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the Tegra 3 chip wasn't compatible with LTE at the time of it's release, and there still to this day isn't a Tegra 3 LTE device.

Upvote 0
amazon has them available now and Best Buy just started selling them a few days ago

Asus 4G LTE Tablet with 32GB Memory TF300TL-B1-BL - Best Buy
Why would you want to?
I have a Infinity and bought a 300 for my daughter.
Whenever (rarely) that we want or need to use 4G LTE, we use the Mobile Hotspot on our Samsung Galaxy III's. Works great.
I have WIFI @ home & work. Also, I lot of restaurants/hotels/other places have WIFI also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones