1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just Canceled Pre @ RS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dsarch21, May 28, 2010.

1. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

well, i thought i would get my $50 GC refund and turned back into spendable cash, but nope, RS said it was nonrefundable....oh well.

i bought a cool little camcorder that was onsale, looks like RS got me in the end anyway.

BTW- they only had 2 pre's there, me and another guy and they aren't getting any more in stock, thought that was odd.

also, they wouldn't be opening early b/c they need 4 pre orders to justify that....only had 2.

Sams Club here I come!

2. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

What's the benefit(s) of Sam's Club over RS or BB?

3. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

I just confirmed my RS appointment. Only two Pre orders there but they are opening early for me anyway!

4. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Android Enthusiast

i had the same problem. i preordered at RS but i got one on ebay last week. at first they didnt wanna refund but after talking to the manager i was able to get it refunded.

5. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

So you canceled because they were not opening earlier than 9am? I just went to my RS and the same thing there, only 2 pre-orders, but he said he will try to open early for me since I have to be at work at 9 :D

6. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

for a second there, i thought you guys were talking about palm pre's :thinking:

7. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

Laffo....me too ><

8. TheBiles

TheBiles Android Enthusiast

At least Best Buy gave me my cash back. You should have been more forceful with them.

9. dsarch21

No, i canceled b/c @ Sams Club, you get a $40 service credit instead of the $20 accessory credit.

why spend $20 on accessories at RS when you can get a case or car charger on ebay for like $10.....I would rather the $40 service credit, that will offset the $36 activation charge...

10. dsarch21

yes, i had them call the district manager and it was a no go....i live in a small town so they weren't budging.

i supposed i could have showed up on the 4th and just returned it after i bought, but that was a waste of time.

i did need a hand held camcorder anyway.....

11. gsushawn

gsushawn Newbie

I just went to RS and they were done with pres and they said they would hold one for me and they are opening early and gonna call early as possible im taking this gift card back to BB

12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Most BB's and RS's won't allow you to return the gift card. It's their way to get you to at least spend $50 at the store.

13. Federer

Federer Member

I would think that the evo camcorder would be on par with a $50 camcorder from RS?;)

Covert_Death likes this.
  14. MarqBland

MarqBland Newbie

Why would you need one? The Evo has the power to record:)

15. dsarch21

well, the evo isn't a true substitution for a hand held cam, and it wasn't $50....was $200...

also, the evo will be with me 100% of the time, the wife needs the cam at home, cause her iphone is junk! haha.

16. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast

Is the Sam's $40 a straight bill credit or do you HAVE to port in to get it?

17. dsarch21

i believe you have to either port in or start a new line, but you might wanna call

18. If you call sprint once you are activated and just say you were promised no activation fee why was I charged one 9 out of 10 times they will take it away.

19. Federer

Federer Member

I was promised by Sam's free activation and $40 port credit per line.

20. dsarch21

thanks i'll try!

21. dsarch21

hmmm, sounds like my guy was giving up all that he could....i'll hammer the manager when i go to pick up and sign up officially.....thx

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews