1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just curious - do you ski or snowboard? :)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by smfoley1, Aug 12, 2010.

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone in here snowboard or ski? My new board just arrived from the factory and I was just wondering

2. Member138406

Member138406 Guest

i used to ski. never snowboarded.. I have never been good at snowboarding/skateboard/surf... But I can ski/ice skate/water ski incredibly well.. Dunno what the deal is. =(

3. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

I used to ski when I was a kid and then started snowboarding about 16 years ago. Back in in my younger days I was on a couple of semi pro teams that competed all over the country. Now with a wife, kids, and full time career I haven't been on the slopes in almost 4 years.

4. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

i used to ski then i went to snow blades (wiked fun) but now i snowboard

5. zep

zep Member

I ski.

6. J03

J03 Android Enthusiast

Ski. I grew up skiing in CT and told myself I would pick up snowboarding eventually. Well I moved to Colorado and wasn't about to waste an entire season of amazing snow and mountains learning to snowboard now was I? So skiing it is.

7. zep

zep Member

I grew up in CT too, Stamford to be exact. Jealous that you get to live in CO.

8. jamor

jamor Android Expert

I snowboard and ski. Been snowboarding since I was about 13.

Lived in Colorado for 6 years.

Really good at it..

9. Aiyan

Aiyan Android Enthusiast

I'm Norwegian! :p

But nah, been quite long since I did use my ski's or used snowblades for that matter. I think the gaming / trolling in snow got more to me then what ski did lol

10. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I live in Miami :p I tried skiing once when I was little and lets just say it didn't work out so well for whatever reason, pretty much like a fish out of water.

11. Roxors

Roxors Android Enthusiast

I have lived in the mountains for the past 4 years and haven't went but this year i am def taking up snow boarding, i am tired of just looking at the mountains and not being up in them.

12. Dan0myte

Dan0myte Well-Known Member

My Dad taught me how to ski when I was about 5 years old and I loved it. Lots of trips to the Rockies for ski holidays.

I tried picking up Snowboarding back in the mid-90's when it was becoming popular - Horrible at it. I can't have my feet strapped together, I lose all balance.

13. Member138406

Member138406 Guest

Same here.. snowboarding is more in the hips it seems.. I just cant do it at all..

14. legacy

legacy Android Enthusiast

I snowboard. Been doing it forever. Was an instructor for a while, and a ski bum (lived in Breckenridge and Keystone for 3 years).

Love boarding, and just added this to my Christmas list. LOL. I'll wear it over my real beard to keep my face warm on cold days.

[​IMG]

Knitted Beard light weight calico by 5oclockshadows on Etsy

15. gutted

gutted Well-Known Member

I snowboard and cross country ski. I've tried downhill skiing once about 10 years ago... I keep saying I'll try it again.

16. redvettez06

redvettez06 Member

I live in Alaska and love outdoor sports. I've been downhill skiing for 23 years and snowboarding for 17 years. I downhill ski about 15 times a year and snowboard a couple times a year. I don't own a board currently (sold it when I went to grad school) and I haven't bought one because many of my close friends don't board anymore so I don't have people to go with. I'm good enough to do any run I want though some of the double black diamonds can be scary, lol. Back country skiing is also amazing if you haven't tried it and I would recommend getting into that. Recently, I bought a pair of x-country skis online and hopefully they get here soon because we got 6' coming tonight and I really want to be out in it. :) Great....now I'm all excited.

17. ToddpotDj

ToddpotDj Newbie

I can do both. As I live in england, sadly I do not get to do go often enough.

But I am off to Japan next march! Feel free to join me and my friends in Hakuba :)

18. Sweet Chaos

Sweet Chaos Android Enthusiast

I used to snowboard when I was younger. My dad bought me a board and used to take me all the time. When I stopped going to my dad's house every weekend I stopped going because my mom wouldn't take me. I haven't been on a board in a very long time now.