Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Just decompiled an app, would like to "generate" tickets by coding instead of by paying.

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by The7Express, Mar 20, 2017.

1. The7Express

The7Express New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hi,
    My friend made an app that generates a train ticket when you purchase one through paypal, however, I found out there were some flaws in his app that if someone were to decompile it, they could bypass the payment screen and get the ticket regardless. However, I do not know how to do this, can anybody help?

Advertisement

2. loonycgb2

loonycgb2 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Male
    CNC Machinist
    Houston, TX
    Your asking how to decompile others work on a forum that allows only legal topics? LOL

scary alien likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    This sounds like an attempt at fraud to me. Although I suspect this "train ticket" thing, just like about all online e-ticketing and payment systems, the actual processing and transactions are done server side AFAIK, in the cloud. And the client app is just a front end, basically a dumb browser, that just passes information between the server and the user.

scary alien likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The decompiling is the least of the problems here. You appear to be asking for help in generating forged train tickets (because if no payment has been made they are forgeries), and hence in committing criminal fraud.

That's also some way to treat your friends!

scary alien likes this.
  5. LV426

LV426 Illegitimi non carborundum

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    UK
    So instead of trying to hack an app to commit further criminal activities, why don't you do the right thing, and inform your friend so that he can improve the secuity of his app?

Hadron and scary alien like this.
  6. LV426

LV426 Illegitimi non carborundum

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    UK
    Android forums does not facilitate discussion of methods to decompile apps, or otherwise reverse engineer application code.
    This thread is being closed.