• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just did a key test!

Engadget is run by brain dead, nearly blind and deaf monkeys, who will willingly skew over any of their opinions for a little cash (I can almost guarantee that Apple pays them). Anything they can do to brown nose it up with Apple and *metaphor for sucking on shafts* on Steve Jobs will mean more praise and probably more money for them, so anything they find anywhere that's negative about the first contender to the 'oh so mighty and god like' iFail, can and will posted to boost this new duplicate's image before its out.

Upvote 0
The story is on Engadget now and they incorrectly state that two scratches resulted from the test. Selective reading by them as you clearly stated that you got two scratches on your HERO. Might want to contact them.

I e-mailed Chris and he fixed it.

Thanks guys, been out all day messing with my pool:)

Upvote 0
^ Seriously???

Why would anyone want to do such a test like that. He wants to return it in one piece not a million pieces. :rolleyes:

TS

I dropped my Hero from getting out of my car... fell onto the concrete and scratched my screen that way.
Hey man, i was just giving a realistic scenario... when are you ever going to carry a razor in your pocket? ::rolleyes::

Upvote 0
Says videos are removed. Are they reposted any where else?
All you need to know is that the dude used some keys, a knife, a razor blade and some other knick knacks and rubbed them on the screen. The screen looked fine afterwards.

The take away point is that glass will resist scratching, but is definitely not scratch proof. A lot of people watching this video decided not to put on screen protectors and now lament the scratches they have on the screen because they didn't realize that even though soft metals like keys and low grade steel won't scratch glass, sand and other things will.

Reactions: JohnJSal and bdish
Upvote 0
All you need to know is that the dude used some keys, a knife, a razor blade and some other knick knacks and rubbed them on the screen. The screen looked fine afterwards.

The take away point is that glass will resist scratching, but is definitely not scratch proof. A lot of people watching this video decided not to put on screen protectors and now lament the scratches they have on the screen because they didn't realize that even though soft metals like keys and low grade steel won't scratch glass, sand and other things will.

And woe to those whom forget about their diamond earrings...

Upvote 0

sand is a touch screen phone's worst enemy...also slider phones too

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones