1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just did OTA android 3.1 and dock firmware update: dock still disconnects

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DeeJayCruiser, Jun 7, 2011.

1. DeeJayCruiser

DeeJayCruiser Member
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    I have read about the problems with the android dock disconnecting and downloaded the update from asus and was about to install it. Then i got a message that android 3.1 was ready for updating so i happily did, then got a dock firmware update so i did that.

Everything seemed fine and dandy but now my dock has gone back to disconnecting (although it doesn't seem to do it as often) randomly, although wifi still stays stable without any issues

Advertisement

2. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Seems the dock connection issues are less software and more hardware in regards to how they connect to the device. A slight movement along the data etch lines and connectors could cause an issue. The dock does not exactly seem the tightest/firmest connection, but maybe the build tolerance of the materials would not allow it to be too tight.

3. ygowayed

ygowayed Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    It worked for me and I dont see much disconnect from the keyboard after installing 3.1. But I did a factory reset after updating.

4. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    NC
    yea i've noticed the same thing. The only time my dock d/cs is when I bump tablet portion. It definitely seems it doesn't lock in as good as I would like.