1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just discovered the Connected Media, but have a question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vance, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    I just realized that I can stream video, pictures and music from my home computer to my phone using the Connected Media. I usually do not use Windows Media Player, though, so will need to optimize that to get the most out of this service.

I can't figure out how to change the library settings for WMP 11. It seems to be looking at My Music or some similar folder. I want to change the folder it uses for the library to something else (an external drive, actually). Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    OK, figured it out. I couldn't find the Tools, Options, etc. I kept playing with it and found that I could get there by clucking on the "Library" button on top once the library was already open and it gave me the options. The first click on that button just opens the library and it takes a second click to get the menu drop down. Very odd.

3. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Male
    Law Enforcement
    Staten Island, NY
    You know the connected media is only to share media from phone to a wifi enabled DLNA device such as a tv. Its wireless only and the device you want to stream too has to have DNLA ability.

4. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Once I got the folders set and Windows Media Player 11 filled with the content I wanted, I was able to stream the music from my computer to my phone. I think this works because, as you say, the Thunderbolt is DLNA compliant. It takes a while to load and is a bit clunky in the interface, but it does work!

Jrocker23 likes this.
  5. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Male
    Law Enforcement
    Staten Island, NY

Just want to apologize, I thought this was a one way thing were the phone only sends stuff out. Did not know you could stream to it. I just tried it and it works great, again I apologize for giving some wrong info..

6. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Not a problem at all, that is what this forum is for, we all are figuring things out and sharing!

7. LV777

LV777 Newbie
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok after playing around a little I was finally able to get media from my computer to my BD player and also to my phone. However I can not get my phone to share with my BD player. Any suggestions? Obviously I am missing something here but I can not find any settings on the phone that will permit the sharing. Sorry if this is something simple that I am overlooking. Thanks!!!!!!!