• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just dropped my phone and cracked my screen.

Yeah there's an NFC chip on battery door. Fell asleep on the couch during setup. Anyway one final photo before I ship the phone back.

ma7e8a8u.jpg
Currently here at discount tire to replace my tires. Still lost at the stock arrangement. Will be configuring it the way I had it once I get home.
In the above pic you've got them set up the same.
Did you reset or something?

Upvote 0
Just finished configuring my Zooper Widget Pro. And I'm happy after 4 hours of moving things around I finally found a design that I absolutely like. When you press on the location info on the homescreen it will activate my navigation app. The time info will activate the click app. The weather info will activate the weather big elite app. Hit the calendar widget will take you to the Calendar app. And so on. CarHome Ultra near the bottom will activate v CarHome Ultra. :D

yhyqe9ez.jpg

Sent using the power of the dark side.

Upvote 0
You know before I bought the phone, I had been watching different drop tests on youtube on the International Note II version. The screen seems to hold up pretty well in all the tests. You know how the US carriers were customizing the Note II and saving money by not including the earphones... I wonder would they took out the Gorilla Glass 2 option and gone for cheaper glass?? Anything is possible right?

According to what I saw on Corning's site all of the Note 2's have Gorilla Glass 2 installed.

Upvote 0
Another unboxing....this time leave the PHONE IN THE CASE!!!!!!!

If your case is as tight as mine, you don't even have to put the battery cover back on.
There's a Rearth case review here on AF and instead of putting the battery door on, they snatched it off.
The case is just that tight and not having the door on makes swapping batteries THAT much faster.
I haven't seen my battery door since I saw that review.

If your case doesn't fit snug, then use the door so the battery does't come loose.

I can't really take off the battery cover off. I also be to take off the case when I put it on the car dock. I can't wait to get my hands on an iBolt. :)

Upvote 0
My return specifically mentioned they wanted just the phone and the battery. I was hoping to keep the battery but after the extra $200 I didn't want to spend anymore right now.

Mine was 4 days old. Was wearing headphones, moved and it slid off my desk, swung on the cord and hit one of the legs of my office chair. Didn't have a case because I couldn't find one locally. Now I have a Siedo Active, Commuter and a Defender. LOL. Spend phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355405642743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355405642743.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
My return specifically mentioned they wanted just the phone and the battery. I was hoping to keep the battery but after the extra $200 I didn't want to spend anymore right now.

Mine was 4 days old. Was wearing headphones, moved and it slid off my desk, swung on the cord and hit one of the legs of my office chair. Didn't have a case because I couldn't find one locally. Now I have a Siedo Active, Commuter and a Defender. LOL. Spend phone.

I've done that so many times with other devices. Glad you were able to get it resolved!

Upvote 0

Ouch, that looks very sad and nasty, glad you were able to get a replacement. Just looking at the photo again and I'm pretty sure that I would have cried if I looked down and saw that. :eek:

Upvote 0
Ouch, that looks very sad and nasty, glad you were able to get a replacement. Just looking at the photo again and I'm pretty sure that I would have cried if I looked down and saw that. :eek:

I did a serious double take. It has happened to me many times in the past with other phones I didn't think anything of it. I just reached down to pick it up and had to do a WTF! Clearly it hit just right on the edge of the glass, would it have cracked if it hit in the center? I don't know and don't want to find out!

Upvote 0
You know how the US carriers were customizing the Note II and saving money by not including the earphones... I wonder would they took out the Gorilla Glass 2 option and gone for cheaper glass?? Anything is possible right?

Sprint gave me headphones....both times:mad::D that will be crazy if they removed the gorilla glass. As I know the feeling the OP felt when dropping phone. I got my GN2 on 11/15 & 12/1 it was cracked from a drop MANY of my phones did. Even my BB fell from the 4th floor to the 1st floor with only the battery coming out.

Thanks chasers,
Now I'm wondering what to return. Instructions say device. Does that include the battery, headphones, and charger? Or just the phone itself?

Sent using the SGN2

when I was in the process of sending mines back, i read clearly. it said the device. any memory card etc, keep. with that being said, i removed battery stylus etc. 2 stylus/batteries/headphones/charger..:)

it hurted to pay $200 after dropping $349 on phone. I was going to send to Samsung cause it was $180 & Sprint was $200. At the time, both had a 5-7day window. Then sprint ended up getting in new models.

p.s. the case I ordered came in a few days after cracking

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sprint gave me headphones....both times:mad::D that will be crazy if they removed the gorilla glass. As I know the feeling the OP felt when dropping phone. I got my GN2 on 11/15 & 12/1 it was cracked from a drop MANY of my phones did. Even my BB fell from the 4th floor to the 1st floor with only the battery coming out.

when I was in the process of sending mines back, i read clearly. it said the device. any memory card etc, keep. with that being said, i removed battery stylus etc. 2 stylus/batteries/headphones/charger..:)

it hurted to pay $200 after dropping $349 on phone. I was going to send to Samsung cause it was $180 & Sprint was $200. At the time, both had a 5-7day window. Then sprint ended up getting in new models.

p.s. the case I ordered came in a few days after cracking

Darn! I didn't keep the stylus! :what: (I just love this smiley)

-Sent using the force

Upvote 0
FYI, dropped my phone from about 4 feet off the ground while dropping my son off to daycare. My phone is rocking the Mercury White TPU Case and had no issues whatsoever. Not a scratch on it.

Who needs Otterbox? Not this guy!

Attachments

• 51tpivucXyL._SL1500_1.jpg
    51tpivucXyL._SL1500_1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 51SErcE0yfL._SL1500_2.jpg
    51SErcE0yfL._SL1500_2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 61ZsEhVXP+L._SL1500_3.jpg
    61ZsEhVXP+L._SL1500_3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
Update: just read Asurion's email:

The good news: My claim has already been processed and I should receive my replacement in 1 to 2 days, I don't think I need to port my number to my old phone and just 'survive' without a mobile device until Tuesday.

The bad news: I was charged $200 deductible. Suddenly paying for a premium case doesn't seem so expensive. :(

WTH?...Wow, the deductible through Sprint's insurance has gotten ridiculous. Glad I cancelled and purchased Geek Squad protection up front. No deductible for anything. Only thing I'm not covered for is lost or stolen phone.

There's no warranty period that broken screen is covered?

Upvote 0
FYI, dropped my phone from about 4 feet off the ground while dropping my son off to daycare. My phone is rocking the Mercury White TPU Case and had no issues whatsoever. Not a scratch on it.

Who needs Otterbox? Not this guy!

Mercury is a great case, but don't you find it a bit too slippery? I got white and yellow ones, great friction once you put it on the surface, but in my hands its one slippery sucker. Sending it back :(

Upvote 0
Yeah there's an NFC chip on battery door. Fell asleep on the couch during setup. Anyway one final photo before I ship the phone back.

ma7e8a8u.jpg

Sent from my SGN 10.1

I see you have that eBay Rugged case on a new one. Still liking it? I ordered exactly the same one, due to arrive any day now. I'm really pleased to see in this side-by-side picture that it doesn't add too much bulk. Hopefully it will offer a good protection!

Upvote 0
Just finished configuring my Zooper Widget Pro. And I'm happy after 4 hours of moving things around I finally found a design that I absolutely like. When you press on the location info on the homescreen it will activate my navigation app. The time info will activate the click app. The weather info will activate the weather big elite app. Hit the calendar widget will take you to the Calendar app. And so on. CarHome Ultra near the bottom will activate v CarHome Ultra. :D

yhyqe9ez.jpg

That us a smoking home screen, how did you get it like that?

Upvote 0

yhyqe9ez.jpg

What's the click app?

Upvote 0
Mercury is a great case, but don't you find it a bit too slippery? I got white and yellow ones, great friction once you put it on the surface, but in my hands its one slippery sucker. Sending it back :(

Honestly, no I don't find it slippery at all. For me it's the best blend of form and function for my needs. Have yet to feel as though the case will make me drop my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones