• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just finished the flashing to 2.2.1, update to 2.2.2?

Hey guys, I just finished flashing to 2.2.1 from 2.1 via guide.

Now my Ally is telling me 2.2.2 is available (kinda pisses me off, seeing as 2.2.1 never even showed up as an update for me). Is it safe to let the phone update?

PS, sorry if this has been asked before. Seems like a fairly common/straight-forward question.

As long as you have a custom recovery it will block it so just let it try to install

Sorry for being such a noob... My Ally keeps telling me there's a system update available. I used LGNPST, then the guide to root and have Velocity 1.1. Does this mean I have a custom recovery? How would I know? Also, do I need to take any precautions before trying the update...like a backup? Again, sorry for the questions if they seem silly. :eek:

Upvote 0
Sorry for being such a noob... My Ally keeps telling me there's a system update available. I used LGNPST, then the guide to root and have Velocity 1.1. Does this mean I have a custom recovery? How would I know? Also, do I need to take any precautions before trying the update...like a backup? Again, sorry for the questions if they seem silly. :eek:

Open up terminal emulator and update velocity to the latest script. It MAY take care of the update notifications.
Yes you have the latest recovery.press your end key like your going to turn off your phone and press recovery. It should reboot into a text menu with a android guy and a triangle.
press the keyboard arrow down key and highlight Backup/Restore, press enter, select nand backup, enter Press down arrow and choose preform backup and enter.
This will make a backup of your phone. after it's done press the volume down key till your back at the menu that says reboot system now and press enter. Your phone should now reboot and you have a backup on your sd card in the nandriod/mem=223m directory.

Reactions: angiembfl
Upvote 0
Open up terminal emulator and update velocity to the latest script. It MAY take care of the update notifications.
Yes you have the latest recovery.press your end key like your going to turn off your phone and press recovery. It should reboot into a text menu with a android guy and a triangle.
press the keyboard arrow down key and highlight Backup/Restore, press enter, select nand backup, enter Press down arrow and choose preform backup and enter.
This will make a backup of your phone. after it's done press the volume down key till your back at the menu that says reboot system now and press enter. Your phone should now reboot and you have a backup on your sd card in the nandriod/mem=223m directory.

I updated a couple of hours ago and so far so good...no more update notification. Thanks!

Upvote 0
It wont install with a custom recovery and without the upgrade utility app from the market. If you are staying stock i would take the update.

When I tried to allow it to install my phone rebooted and it went in to recovery mode. I wasnt sure what to do so i just said for it to restart and the notification hasn't come back yet. Otherwise my phone works so much better since being rooted and using the stock rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones