• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just flashed Bugless Beast V0.4, now usb won't charge via laptop

mine has no problem with this, fwiw. droid, bb 0.4, whichever kernel it came with, etc etc.

the first thing i would do with this is try several different cables--the cable might have just gone bad.

software-wise, you can always go into ROM manager and install the stock Froyo without having to wipe data and cache, but i don't know what kind of software would've done that.

Upvote 0
Not only did I have the problem of the phone not charging, I also had a weird issue that the phone would claim the battery was dead (even though it was about 70% charged) and then shutdown... only to try and reboot immediately after.

I had the same issue with both Kangerade and BB, but it was the particular kernal I had installed (tried several Chevy kernals, a few P3, and a couple jdlfd kernals; Chevy LV 1000 worked for me).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones