• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just flashed cyanogen mod (13), need help changing stuff.

Harutyun

Mar 8, 2015
Hi, I just (accidentally) flashed cyanogenmod 13 being (lied to) told that it was the same as stock android 6, now my phone is crap (sorry for crude language) and I want to know how I can fix it. (I'm also to blame for this because I needed to do more research) My problems are...

1.Phone vibrates when I open it, close it, type stuff.

2. When I press the home button it bring up the most-left screen, not the middle. How can I change this to the center screen?

3. The app drawer is horrible! Its vertical and they are spaced out! How can I change this?

4. There is this ugly white google search bar at the top of my home screen! How do I remove this??

I am sure I will run into more problems, I hope I can just find a way to flash the original 5.1.1. OTA of Android. Also, it seems like my phone is not rooted any more. How can I fix?

It is a slightly modified stock Android 6.0 based off AOSP without Google's modifications unless you download several of their apps from the Play Store, with just a few tweaks from Cyanogen, so you really weren't lied to. The phone is going to vibrate when you type things, the settings for the keyboard are under the Language & Input section. As for when it locks and unlocks, I don't really know where those settings would be found. The home button is going to mainly bring you to your first home screen depending on the launcher, and it does most stock launchers. The app drawer has been updated to look like that from Google. Simple fix for both: download a new launcher from the Play Store. The search bar at the top, same thing, new launcher. Temperature as well is in the settings of I'm assuming cLock or somewhere in settings, I haven't used CM13 since there is not a stable one for CDMA, or any CM based rom for a while so I am not sure there, I could be wrong. Chrome tabs are supposed to show up in the multi-tasking, it has since 5.x by default. To change it, go to Chrome's settings and turn off Merge Tabs and Apps and Chrome will restart. As for root access, flash SU via recovery. If you don't like the rom then I'd recommend just flashing a different one for the time being such as SlimLP, Paranoid Android, AOSP 5.x, etc. since Marshmallow roms seem to be in Alpha currently. Or you can also flash a stock 5.1.1 rom (Assuming you are on the XT1031, XT1032, etc. You didn't specify what exact year and model your Moto G is.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a slightly modified stock Android 6.0 based off AOSP without Google's modifications unless you download several of their apps from the Play Store, with just a few tweaks from Cyanogen, so you really weren't lied to. The phone is going to vibrate when you type things, the settings for the keyboard are under the Language & Input section. As for when it locks and unlocks, I don't really know where those settings would be found. The home button is going to mainly bring you to your first home screen depending on the launcher, and it does most stock launchers. The app drawer has been updated to look like that from Google. Simple fix for both: download a new launcher from the Play Store. The search bar at the top, same thing, new launcher. Temperature as well is in the settings of I'm assuming cLock or somewhere in settings, I haven't used CM13 since there is not a stable one for CDMA, or any CM based rom for a while so I am not sure there, I could be wrong. Chrome tabs are supposed to show up in the multi-tasking, it has since 5.x by default. To change it, go to Chrome's settings and turn off Merge Tabs and Apps and Chrome will restart. As for root access, flash SU via recovery. If you don't like the rom then I'd recommend just flashing a different one for the time being such as SlimLP, Paranoid Android, AOSP 5.x, etc. since Marshmallow roms seem to be in Alpha currently. Or you can also flash a stock 5.1.1 rom (Assuming you are on the XT1031, XT1032, etc. You didn't specify what exact year and model your Moto G is.)

Thanks for reply, its the XT1032.

Now I've fixed most of my phones issues, only my camera app is horrible and the ones on the play store are not very good, is there any way for me to get Motorola's camera app?

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply, its the XT1032.

Now I've fixed most of my phones issues, only my camera app is horrible and the ones on the play store are not very good, is there any way for me to get Motorola's camera app?

I don't really know when it comes to the camera since there are no released Marshmallow roms out for Motorola devices, but Google's camera is a decent replacement. Of course there's the usual photo and video options, as well as a lens blur setting, and you can set the resolution and quality of the photos, there's HDR and a few other settings.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just (accidentally) flashed cyanogenmod 13 being (lied to) told that it was the same as stock android 6, now my phone is crap (sorry for crude language) and I want to know how I can fix it. (I'm also to blame for this because I needed to do more research) My problems are...

2. When I press the home button it bring up the most-left screen, not the middle. How can I change this to the center screen?

3. The app drawer is horrible! Its vertical and they are spaced out! How can I change this?

4. There is this ugly white google search bar at the top of my home screen! How do I remove this??

I am sure I will run into more problems, I hope I can just find a way to flash the original 5.1.1. OTA of Android. Also, it seems like my phone is not rooted any more. How can I fix?[/QU. Can u make calls and text

Upvote 0

I am sure I will run into more problems, I hope I can just find a way to flash the original 5.1.1. OTA of Android. Also, it seems like my phone is not rooted any more. How can I fix?
Have u tried that broken 6.0 falcon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones