1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Just flashed to 2.3.6 KK2. . .UK Tmobile user

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ils_supernova, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Ils_supernova

Ils_supernova Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Hi
    all

Just flashed 2.3.6 KK2 to my tmobile S2. Its take the tmobile boot screen off which aint a big problem as the new boot is nice :)

Just seen in my apps list though to german apps?? Can I get rid of these at all??
    No use to me in all respects.

Cheers
    Bryan

Advertisement

2. beyond

beyond Guest
    None
    Ohhh I'm considering doing that too. Stuck with 2.3.3 sigh.

How are you finding it?

3. doc1964

doc1964 Android Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2010
    Male
    Scotland
    I am really annoyed at T Mobile dragging their feet with this update, however, i flashed my wifes Galaxy S to 2.3.5 a couple of weeks ago and i have to be honest and say i was completely underwhelmed with the changes. Other than a wee blue tint at bottom of screen i have found there to be very little difference and certainly not enough to consider flashing my S2 and invalidating my warranty. I had thought there would be major noticeable differences, but other than some of the apps missing i find it very samey. I think it is a bit "emperors new clothes", i.e. it is thought to be way better than what it is, but once you have it, its a bit blahhh, is that it.

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    If you are going to rely on your carrier to provide you with all the "latest" updates via Kies, then you will become increasingly annoyed.

The only way is Odin! :)

5. skimminstones

skimminstones Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2009
    Your warranty isnt voided if you flash an official samsung firmware. T-Mobile may refuse to fix your phone if needed but samsung will still repair. Warranty is voided if you root it.

6. beyond

beyond Guest
    None
    im just interested about battery life and possible performace as these are the two main points everyone seems to talk about since updating.

i'm happy enough with everything else tbh.

7. Ils_supernova

Ils_supernova Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Well re the german or possibly dutch apps that i found after 2.3.6 KK2 flash I actually ended up flashing to KK5 which is actually removed those apps and look wise is completey the same. However I'm very pleased with KK5 battery life compared to KK2. . .

Update via Odin in future not kies I can strongly recommend this now :)

If this is the case when a ICS fireware gets released would this be done the same way??

8. skimminstones

skimminstones Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2009
    if you want it early then yes, a version of the firmware will no doubt be leaked and you can flash it via odin. If you want to wait for an official release then do it via kies but god knows how long that will take.