• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just flashed to 2.3.6 KK2. . .UK Tmobile user

I am really annoyed at T Mobile dragging their feet with this update, however, i flashed my wifes Galaxy S to 2.3.5 a couple of weeks ago and i have to be honest and say i was completely underwhelmed with the changes. Other than a wee blue tint at bottom of screen i have found there to be very little difference and certainly not enough to consider flashing my S2 and invalidating my warranty. I had thought there would be major noticeable differences, but other than some of the apps missing i find it very samey. I think it is a bit "emperors new clothes", i.e. it is thought to be way better than what it is, but once you have it, its a bit blahhh, is that it.

Upvote 0
I am really annoyed at T Mobile dragging their feet with this update, however, i flashed my wifes Galaxy S to 2.3.5 a couple of weeks ago and i have to be honest and say i was completely underwhelmed with the changes. Other than a wee blue tint at bottom of screen i have found there to be very little difference and certainly not enough to consider flashing my S2 and invalidating my warranty. I had thought there would be major noticeable differences, but other than some of the apps missing i find it very samey. I think it is a bit "emperors new clothes", i.e. it is thought to be way better than what it is, but once you have it, its a bit blahhh, is that it.
Your warranty isnt voided if you flash an official samsung firmware. T-Mobile may refuse to fix your phone if needed but samsung will still repair. Warranty is voided if you root it.

Upvote 0
Well re the german or possibly dutch apps that i found after 2.3.6 KK2 flash I actually ended up flashing to KK5 which is actually removed those apps and look wise is completey the same. However I'm very pleased with KK5 battery life compared to KK2. . .

Update via Odin in future not kies I can strongly recommend this now :)

If this is the case when a ICS fireware gets released would this be done the same way??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones