1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just following the rules and Saying Hi...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mhornschuch, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mhornschuch

mhornschuch Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    wouldn't want to be accused of 'lurking' lol, :p My name is Michael and I'm a 47 year old male living in Colorado Springs Colorado. My level of Technology understanding is that of a raccoon...a lot of button pushing, but not much understanding. I bought my latest phone, the Samsung Galaxy S 3G from my ATT dealer after my first smart phone (HTC SURROUND from Windows 7) crashed. I've had this phone for nearly 9 months, and due to working two jobs haven't had much time to 'study' it's features. Lol, I just discovered panoramic function in camera settings. Now, I'd like to down load all my pics to computer and don't know how. I figure a community of droid users would be nice to better understand not just my particular phone, but also what apps are hot, and which ones to stay away from...Nice to meet you all!!:D

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

The easiest way is to go to menu>settings>applications>usb settings and select mass storage. Then when you plug your phone into your PC using the USB cable that your phone came with (it is important to use the Samsung USB cable. Samsung Phones are very fussy about the cables) you will be prompted to connect as storage. Once you accept the connection, the phone's storage will show up as a removable drive on your PC. Look in the DCIM folder for your pictures. :D

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, Michael :).

I lived in Colorado Springs in the early '70s...it was a fairly small city back then, but its clearly gotten very big nowadays. Beautiful view of Pike's Peak, eh? :)

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us. Happy New Year!