1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just for piece of mind...what is Samsungs policy on damaged phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shockwave78, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Android Enthusiast

Sorry if it's the wrong forum but I am sure a lot of converts from iPhones to the Nexus may be interested in this also.

With the iPhone no matter the damage as long as thou had the physical phone you could have it replaced for $199 with a refurbished which in my case I had about 20 of them over the last few years(AT&T loophole that kept letting me order refurbs with no contract extension :D ) and the refurbs always look brand new and works as such.

What about samsungs policy? I imagine there are no stores to bright it in to to have it replaced directly. I believe I would have to ship it out? Is it usually a quick turnaround time!

Any other info appreciated....although I hope I never have to use it! ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

well You would have to buy insurance through VZW to have a damaged phone replaced.

Now if your talking about manufacturer defects that is where Samsung would get involved.

Lets say you drop your phone and it breaks. Samsung warranty isn't going to take care of that. You would need to file an ins claim and the deductible is around 100$ i believe for that. You would get a refurb not a new one.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews