1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just found out i'm eligible for an upgrade! Battery question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danielson2047, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Portage, WI
    Title says it all!!! Looking between Thunderbolt, Charge, and X2. Of course, the first thing i read about the TB was the horrible batt life. I would be switching the 4G off, as i don't have it in my area and don't plan on it for a while. What do people average with the 4G turned off?

Advertisement

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Why do I not see the HTC Incredible 2 on your list? I think you should look into it if you haven't yet...

3. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    I keep LTE on and battery isn't the best but I can charge in my car and at work so its not a problem for me.

4. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    I love my bolt. I played with a Charge the other day at the VZW store and I wasnt impressed. Not touched the X2 or the Dinc2 though.

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    he may not cosider the Dinc 2 because its not rootable and might want a phone that can be rooted.

I have gone well over 12 hrs with moderate use. I am running the random reboot fix that was posted on here. So my battery has calmed down. Verizon said they decided that they wasn't using this one so not releasing it. So if you get the bolt do not update it till they come out with a fix for the last ota that caused the random reboot issues.

The charge is a good phone also with a beautiful screen but has its draw backs to. you will. see all phones has its pros and cons.

The X2 I wouldnt consider as its the same as the original X except wth a few upgr!des. Many has said its not worth wasting the upgrade.

as i type this my keyboard is lagging and it does this from time to time. Who knows what causes this . so don't think i am saying nothing but good things about the bolt.

Goto best buy and play with their demos they have. If I had to choose between the bolt and the charge. I would lean more for the charge. But play with them and see what you like. After all its what you want not what we like.

Hope this helped ya some and my keyboard lag went away weird lol.

6. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Why would you get a 4G phone without having 4G available in your area? Seems kind of pointless to waste your upgrade at this point. Is 4G slated to move to your area anytime soon?

Anyways, I like my Tbolt, but if I didn't have 4G, I probably wouldn't have considered picking it up. I have been eligible for an upgrade for quite some time but haven't used it since I am waiting to see if anything is worth picking up over the course of the summer. I just buy phones off here or eBay so that I don't have to renew my contract. Plus the phone prices are starting to increase...$250-$300 WITH a contract renewal. No thanks.

7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Many people gets a LTE phone so they can lock in to the unlimited 4G plans before they go tier plans.

GrandMasterB and McLabia like this.
  8. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Portage, WI
    Thats part of my thought process, yes. I live about 25 miles north of Madison here in Wisconsin, which a few days ago did go live with 4 g. My wife works down there, so i will be using 4g occasionally, just not every day. Not a huge deal though, as i use my wifi at home. The major diff to me is that the tbolt can do voice and data simultaneously, just don't know if i'd actually use it that much. Plus, the Charge's screen seems to blow everything else out of the water.

9. woodworthjohnca

None

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi, I have the Thunderbolt stock with the latest OTA and am very satisfied. I run it in 3G mode most of the time. Unplug at 6a, going until about 10:30p, it uses about 50% battery. Typical use would be 45 minutes talk, 1 hour web browsing, some searches on Google maps, and many emails and texts with about a dozen replies.