• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Got A Hero!!!

shawheim_a

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2009
hey guys im new to the android scene but ive been a fan since the G1 came out. i just got a hero and im about to activate it and just wanted to kno what u guys think should be the first things i do. im coming from a blackberry so hopefully this will be just as fun. any help would be greatly appreciated!

When I left the Curve, my first day I was like I'm so not keeping this phone, I'm gonna take it back...but after messing with it the next day, I officially decided to stay with Android...I sold my Curve. lol...I been with Android since Monday last week.

I've been with Android since Wednesday of last week.

My Curve (and my wife's) are on Ebay at present :)

I'm 100% sold on Android based phones. I couldn't even imagine being on anything else.

Upvote 0
I was playing with mine, saw some apps, called my bb friends and was like wow my phone can do this...and this..and this...bb can't do this...omg look what I just discovered...

I can say it took me a while to get used to the virtual keyboard...I'm still working on that, but it's getting better...my typing speed is even improving.

Upvote 0
yeah i love my curve more than anything in the world, has been the best phone i have ever had. but i always said that once sprint got android i was leaving. i caught a deal on this hero so i bought it. im in love and im barely 2 hrs in.

It just keeps getting better and better with every passing hour/day.

I was playing with mine, saw some apps, called my bb friends and was like wow my phone can do this...and this..and this...bb can't do this...omg look what I just discovered...

I can say it took me a while to get used to the virtual keyboard...I'm still working on that, but it's getting better...my typing speed is even improving.

I'd gotten quite good at typing on the tiny blackberry keyboard. I find on the Hero keyboard I keep looking at the keys, but I noticed today that I'm starting to get a "feel" for where they are at. And as I begin to put more trust in the auto-correct, I'm getting quicker (though not quite to the level I was with the BB).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones