1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

just got a mytouch 4g!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Austin2048, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Austin2048

Austin2048 Newbie

hey everyone. i just got a mytouch 4g the other day and i freaking love this phone. im not seeing many good cases out for the 4g though. i am going to get a bodyguardz screen shield but i dont know what to get for a case. i want something small and strong. i used to have a switcheasy neo touch case for my old ipod touch, id love to have something like that for my mytouch. does anyone know of any good cases?

thanks,
    austin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. behold_this

behold_this Android Expert

IMHO There really aren't any good cases. In fact, there aren't really any good accessories for the 4G at all, and just forget about a dock or power skin that uses the charging pins, there aren't any coming

3. Austin2048

Austin2048 Newbie

this is the only good one ive seen
    (only good case ive seen)

but its not even out yet. ive been babying my phone but i know im bound to drop it. i dropped my mytouch slide all the time and now its sitting on my shelf, broken from water damage

4. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

Man I hate to hear this. I just got a 4G and I'm running it on Simple Mobile and I love it so far. I went to my local Best Buy and noticed that they didn't have any 4G stuff...I live in a not so popular T-Mobile community but I figured they would have something.

5. achebee4you

achebee4you Newbie

Amzer.com tpu argyle smoked trust me I think it on sale at amazon for 5 bucks great case perfect fit

6. behold_this

They may be a good fit, but they are ugly as all hell IMO. Judge for yourselves though:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. cw54o

cw54o Member

these TPU cases are the best IMO. this design not to much. back in my blackberry days this is all i used on my BB. i picked 4 up on ebay back in december for about 5bucks free shipping(for a 2pack) for the mt4g, all solid colors. they dont add much bulk like most cases do.

8. behold_this

They have em without the argyle pattern?? That would help the ugly factor.

9. cw54o

cw54o Member

yes, i believe they came out before the patterned ones, here are mine

Attached Files:

10. behold_this

They do look better, but slightly different then the argyle ones. I notice that the argyle had one opening for camera, speaker, and flash while the others have three. Also they have openings for volume rocker and camera shutter button while the newer argyle ones use rubberized buttons not holes. I guess I'm not a case man. On a good noter though my phone is and has been naked since I got it and has no marks, scuffs, or scratches.

11. cw54o

cw54o Member

yeah they are dif in those areas. which i dont mind. especially since the price was beyond resonable. and u my friend are one lucky mt4g owner. i drop my phone all the time. usually from out the car. i have a bad habbit of laying it in my lap....opening the door and letting it fly :(

12. behold_this

ouch! Yeah...i don't drop it ever, don't carry change or keys in the same pocket and keep it clean.

13. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

+1 on the TPU cases. I have the clear one, myself. It's awesome.

I made the mistake thinking that this phone was gonna be resistant to dings & scratches since the hardware is so awesome. But, I dropped it from the handlebars of a spin bike onto the gym floor & it dinged the rubberized coating in a couple places. Into a case it went :).

14. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek Well-Known Member

I got a TPU shell case off of eBay and its nice. Only $3 or $4 with screen protector. Here

I have to check these cases out that you all are posting right now.

15. achebee4you

achebee4you Newbie

Yea but argyle is so in lol but how many people place their phone face down if its on a table the argyle side is the back plus in smoke the steel battery cover looks sweet with this cover my two cents

16. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

I live in Lynnwood/Bothell area in Washington, which is the HQ of T-Mobile Corporate (I used to work for them a while back) and I go into just about any Best Buy around and they either don't have a MyTouch 4G case, or have an overpriced Body Glove one.

I went to the T-Mobile store and found some ones that fit nice, if you want to pay $20 for a gel skin. However, I found a PowerSkin Case and at first, was not sure if I liked the bulk and the "wart" in the side. Then I looked into the added benefit of the external battery and the added bulk gives it a better grip, I decided to go for it.

I will report back after using a week or so and see how I still like it. :D